real time web analytics
Report - - Beelitz Military Hospital, Germany 08/08/08 | European and International Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Beelitz Military Hospital, Germany 08/08/08

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Rookinella

I should have danced all night
28DL Full Member
Visited with Winchester, Speed and Vivo.

The previous night had been spent in a field a couple of hundred kilometres from Berlin. Much icecream had been eaten for the 5th day running. We woke up to glorious sunshine which was to stay with us all day at Beelitz. "Transmission" by Joy Division was playing on the uber Ipod adapter as we zoomed down the Autobahn (Kraftwerk was unavailable).

As we pulled into Beelitz Heinstatten, it was very obvious where the hospital was-i.e. everywhere! I think this was the site that we were all most excited about seeing. It was nice having all the doors wide open to wander in at our pleasure so when we came to one that wasn't so easy, we got a bit lazy and chilled out in the sunshine and talked about Jews (Speed). The heat was sapping our energy by the time we'd done half of it so we stopped in a very German cafe and ate big plates of MEAT-Argg and ROFL waffle icecreams from Lidl:D

I think I should have visited this site before I'd seen too many reports of the place because I'd built it up to be more amazing than it turned out to be. I wouldn't say I was disappointed-more annoyed at myself for idolising something that I shouldn't have. It was a definite highlight of the trip but I was more impressed by some of the massive industrial stuff that we saw. Maybe it was something to do with the ease at which we explored it-too easy maaaan!

Anyway, here's the pics:)

DSC_0002.jpg

DSC_0007.jpg

DSC_0008.jpg

DSC_0013.jpg

DSC_0015-1.jpg

DSC_0026.jpg

DSC_0030-1.jpg

DSC_0031-1.jpg

DSC_0035.jpg

DSC_0043.jpg

DSC_0051.jpg