real time web analytics
Report - - Bethlehem chapel Dinas Mawddwy Wales May 2017 | Other Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Bethlehem chapel Dinas Mawddwy Wales May 2017

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Jane Doe

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
There was not very much info about this tiny chapel that i could find . Bethlehem Independent Chapel was built in 1836 and rebuilt in 1876 in the Simple Round-Headed style of long-wall entry type. It was in a stunning location surrounded by mountains and there was only about 4 farms in the valley that must have used this little chapel. I couldnt find out when it stopped being used unfortunatly .

Calamity Jane

i see beauty in the unloved, places & things
Regular User
Wonderful little place. Great views. What a trek to attend service though. Nice find. Little gem :thumb

cunningcorgi

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Spent quite a bit of time going through and stopping in and around Dinas Mawddwy but never knew this was there.

Very nice !

tumbles

Drama Queen
Staff member
Lovely - isn't there randomly another one like 100 yards up the road (looks much more derelict)

Bikin Glynn

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Was looking on google street view but yes that would make sense. Mad to think there was even such a demand!

If there is more than 2 houses in Wales chances are there is / was a chapel!
problem I found last time I was there so many are being snapped up & converted now & quite recently, streetview shows em derelict & u rock up & its someones house lol

Who has read this thread (Total: 154) View details