real time web analytics
Report - - Billinge Hospital, Wigan - April 2015 | Asylums and Hospitals | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Billinge Hospital, Wigan - April 2015

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

coolboyslim

Mr Reality Hacker
28DL Full Member
INFO.
At the end of an interesting night decided to take a look at this place. What can i say but ohh my word its in a sorry state. Anyhow decided to take some pics of what i could. The best bit was there was one hell of a bang from below us that made us jump and freeze for a sec thinking someone else came in. However on we went and all was fine until on way out when we just stepped outside and the bang happened again from a different floor. WTH it was no idea but if someone was there we didn't see them.

History. From wiki
Billinge Hospital was a National Health Service facility in the Billinge Higher End district of the Metropolitan Borough of Wigan, Greater Manchester, England, operated by the 5 Boroughs Partnership NHS Trust.
Billinge Hospital was originally founded in 1837 as a Wigan Poor Law Union hospital and workhouse.[1] Mental Health services are still available
Opened in 1968, Billinge Maternity Hospital served as the maternity facility for the surrounding areas, including much of the Metropolitan Borough of Wigan,[2][3] parts of the Metropolitan Borough of St.Helens and parts of the District of West Lancashire .
In June 2004, the maternity hospital was closed and maternity facilities were transferred to other units at hospitals in surrounding districts. Wrightington, Wigan and Leigh NHS Trust, who administered at Billinge Maternity Hospital, were transferred to a new maternity unit at the Royal Albert Edward Infirmary (more commonly known as Wigan Infirmary) in Wigan.[4] Maternity care units were upgraded in surrounding boroughs at Bolton Hospital, Salford Royal, Chorley Hospital, Warrington Hospital and Ormskirk Hospital.
In March 2007, demolition work on the maternity hospital building commenced. As of May 2007, only a small section of the maternity unit is left standing.
In April 2010, only two buildings stand which are due to be demolished soon as more houses are being built on the site of the former hospital.

Anyhow on with the pics i could take from what was left.

20824_10206492411739242_424480434349439147_n_zpsttzohdhu.gif

View attachment 629698

View attachment 629699

View attachment 629700

View attachment 629701
A pigeon. Can tell how desperate i was getting or bored you decide lol.

View attachment 629702

View attachment 629703

View attachment 629704

View attachment 629705
Some 28dayers obviously has bored has me the goodbye obviously sums it up.

View attachment 629706

View attachment 629707

View attachment 629708
I nice tree growing through window.

View attachment 629709

View attachment 629710

View attachment 629711
Think maybe me For being here or The hospital itself needs to ring this cause my god its deffo been abused. Anyhow hope you like what pics i had l8ters all.

urblex

28DL Maverick
28DL Full Member
I didn't think it was too bad tbh, some nice long corridors & decay, obviously would of bn a lot better back in the day but heyho

Lavino

28DL Full Member
I was born in this place .. It's deffo seen better days won't be long now untill it gets flattened...

Who has read this thread (Total: 3) View details