real time web analytics
Report - - billinge hospital wigan, july 2015 | Asylums and Hospitals | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - billinge hospital wigan, july 2015

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Lancashire lad

chief taster for costa coffee
28DL Full Member
HISTORY
In June 2004, the maternity hospital was closed and maternity facilities were transferred to other units at hospitals in surrounding districts. Wrightington, Wigan and Leigh NHS Trust, who administered at Billinge Maternity Hospital, were transferred to a new maternity unit at the Royal Albert Edward Infirmary (more commonly known as Wigan Infirmary) in Wigan. Maternity care units were upgraded in surrounding boroughs at Bolton Hospital, Salford Royal, Chorley Hospital, Warrington Hospital and Ormskirk Hospital
In March 2007, demolition work on the maternity hospital building commenced. As of May 2007, only a small section of the maternity unit is left standing.
Opened in 1968, Billinge Maternity Hospital served as the maternity facility for the surrounding areas, including much of the Metropolitan Borough of Wigan, parts of the Metropolitan Borough of St.Helens and parts of the District of West Lancashire.
Billinge Hospital was originally founded in 1837 as a Wigan Poor Law Union hospital and workhouse. Mental Health services
so decided a hospital was the order of the day drove down to wigan with @godgp78 and the other Lancashire explorer @LancashireExplorations :wankerhahaha, anyway got there and realized straight away it was a massive derp boot it had character and we had drove all that way so in we went.
It was immediately noticeable that the local chavs have been in and used there special interior design skills to smarten the place up ;), anyway we explored the whole site and found some decent enough little bits to photograph but what I was really loving was the proper decayed look everywhere ie peeling paint , plants growing off the carpets that sort of thing lol.
Cant say I wasn't a bit nervous as well when your up on the second floor and can see the corridors two floors beneath ya its a little reminder to tread carefully and in here you really had to .
But most of all I mainly spent the day babysitting @LancashireExplorations haha :turd now for some piks

WARNING PIK HEAVY SORRY:(

DSC_0952.JPG
DSC_0953.JPG
DSC_0964.JPG
DSC_0968.JPG
DSC_0972.JPG
DSC_0982.JPG
DSC_0984.JPG
DSC_0989.JPG
DSC_0991.JPG
DSC_0993.JPG
DSC_0995.JPG
DSC_1003.JPG
DSC_1005.JPG
DSC_1013.JPG
DSC_1016.JPG
DSC_1029.JPG
DSC_1030.JPG
DSC_1056.JPG
DSC_1050.JPG
DSC_1068.JPG
DSC_1087.JPG
DSC_1089.JPG
DSC_1109.JPG
DSC_1120.JPG
DSC_1099.JPG

ACID- REFLUX

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Not bad fella :thumb

What you shooting at 50mm?

I think the best pics are the 2 of the tripod & camera bag......just in case we missed them in the previous pic (lazy fucker) lol

Is this place ever going to go? it never seems to change

You Lanc"s Boys eh ;)

Lancashire lad

28DL Full Member
Not bad fella :thumb

What you shooting at 50mm?

I think the best pics are the 2 of the tripod & camera bag......just in case we missed them in the previous pic (lazy fucker) lol

Is this place ever going to go? it never seems to change

You Lanc"s Boys eh ;)
HAHA YEH THAT BASTSRD TRIPOD CHEERS FOR THE ADVICE WITH LIGHT PAINTING N SHIT CAME IN HANDY

coolboyslim

Mr Reality Hacker
28DL Full Member
Strange I hated this place lmao must have been a crap night has you photographed it well

coolboyslim

Mr Reality Hacker
28DL Full Member
No worries. Some places I just don't take to no idea why. But in all honesty I did shit myself here when a bloody door slammed shut at back off me. Nearly had a heartattack lol

Lancashire lad

28DL Full Member
No worries. Some places I just don't take to no idea why. But in all honesty I did shit myself here when a bloody door slammed shut at back off me. Nearly had a heartattack lol
haha you should see Lancashire explorations then hes shit himself at his own shadow that boy lol

coolboyslim

Mr Reality Hacker
28DL Full Member
Was ment to meet up with him. But it fell through. But I have him on Facebook lol. Shame really had some good stuff set up for him. Another time maybe.