real time web analytics
Report - - Billinge Hospital, Wigan, April 2015 | Asylums and Hospitals | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Billinge Hospital, Wigan, April 2015

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Piggo

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Billinge Hospital

Not made a report for around a year and decided now would be good, Although i have still been exploring i have just not been able to get off my arse and make a report so here goes. On saturday we hopped on a bus from Wigan Bus Station to Bllinge and went for the hospital, Access was really easy. When we approached we heard smashing and the sound of spray paint from one of the upper floors, and when we arrived there were two males and a female, one of which seemed to have been patrolling the top floor with a pole and would occasionally smash something whilst the other one would tag a wall whilst the girl would just stand and watch. They actually turned out to be fairly nice people and caused us no bother.

History:

In June 2004, the maternity hospital was closed and maternity facilities were transferred to other units at hospitals in surrounding districts. Wrightington, Wigan and Leigh NHS Trust, who administered at Billinge Maternity Hospital, were transferred to a new maternity unit at the Royal Albert Edward Infirmary (more commonly known as Wigan Infirmary) in Wigan. Maternity care units were upgraded in surrounding boroughs at Bolton Hospital, Salford Royal, Chorley Hospital, Warrington Hospital and Ormskirk Hospital
In March 2007, demolition work on the maternity hospital building commenced. As of May 2007, only a small section of the maternity unit is left standing.
Opened in 1968, Billinge Maternity Hospital served as the maternity facility for the surrounding areas, including much of the Metropolitan Borough of Wigan, parts of the Metropolitan Borough of St.Helens and parts of the District of West Lancashire.
Billinge Hospital was originally founded in 1837 as a Wigan Poor Law Union hospital and workhouse. Mental Health services
The following photos were taken on my Bridge camera and my 35mm film camera.

Photos:

DSCN9171.JPG
FH000008.jpg
DSCN9083.JPG
DSCN9084.JPG
DSCN9143.JPG
DSCN9121.JPG
DSCN9128.JPG
DSCN9108.JPG
DSCN9167.JPG
DSCN9149.JPG

Attachments

• DSCN9137.JPG
    DSCN9137.JPG
    112.9 KB · Views: 259
  • FH000011.jpg
    FH000011.jpg
    108.7 KB · Views: 255
  • FH000012.jpg
    FH000012.jpg
    134.9 KB · Views: 234
  • FH000017.jpg
    FH000017.jpg
    141.5 KB · Views: 247

Punk

Punkus Explorus
28DL Full Member
Interesting place :thumb your last 4 pics have come through as thumbnails though
Cheers for sharing :thumb

D

Deleted member 85524

Didn't even know this was still standing must go check it out!

UrbanD3cay

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I thought they knocked this place down and built on it a few months ago, definitely need to visit here again before it goes! :D

bushweasel

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Billinge Hospital

Not made a report for around a year and decided now would be good, Although i have still been exploring i have just not been able to get off my arse and make a report so here goes. On saturday we hopped on a bus from Wigan Bus Station to Bllinge and went for the hospital, Access was really easy. When we approached we heard smashing and the sound of spray paint from one of the upper floors, and when we arrived there were two males and a female, one of which seemed to have been patrolling the top floor with a pole and would occasionally smash something whilst the other one would tag a wall whilst the girl would just stand and watch. They actually turned out to be fairly nice people and caused us no bother.

History:

In June 2004, the maternity hospital was closed and maternity facilities were transferred to other units at hospitals in surrounding districts. Wrightington, Wigan and Leigh NHS Trust, who administered at Billinge Maternity Hospital, were transferred to a new maternity unit at the Royal Albert Edward Infirmary (more commonly known as Wigan Infirmary) in Wigan. Maternity care units were upgraded in surrounding boroughs at Bolton Hospital, Salford Royal, Chorley Hospital, Warrington Hospital and Ormskirk Hospital
In March 2007, demolition work on the maternity hospital building commenced. As of May 2007, only a small section of the maternity unit is left standing.
Opened in 1968, Billinge Maternity Hospital served as the maternity facility for the surrounding areas, including much of the Metropolitan Borough of Wigan, parts of the Metropolitan Borough of St.Helens and parts of the District of West Lancashire.
Billinge Hospital was originally founded in 1837 as a Wigan Poor Law Union hospital and workhouse. Mental Health services
The following photos were taken on my Bridge camera and my 35mm film camera.

Photos:

DSCN9171.JPG
FH000008.jpg
DSCN9083.JPG
DSCN9084.JPG
DSCN9143.JPG
DSCN9121.JPG
DSCN9128.JPG
DSCN9108.JPG
DSCN9167.JPG
DSCN9149.JPG
Cheers for sharing, i was born here and would love to go and have a mooch. I thought it had all been flattened but i guess not ☺ would you say its worth a visit?

Piggo

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Cheers for sharing, i was born here and would love to go and have a mooch. I thought it had all been flattened but i guess not ☺ would you say its worth a visit?

Ermmm.. Its decent, fucked is an understatement, i suppose it depends on how far you are travelling really