real time web analytics
Report - - Billinge Hospital, Wigan - June 2014 | Asylums and Hospitals | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Billinge Hospital, Wigan - June 2014

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

urblex

28DL Maverick
28DL Full Member
Visited with ACID-REFLUX, thanks again man this one was a nice little explore & think my favourite of that day, slightly 'quirky'. Despite security cabin right next to it was a peaceful mooch. Chipped a tooth there but guess it was kind of worth it.

DSCF0001_zpsbf13b86a.jpg

History,
Billinge Hospital was founded in 1837 as a Wigan Poor Law Union hospital and workhouse. In 1968 Billinge Maternity Hospital served as the maternity facility for the surrounding areas including Wigan, parts of St.Helens and parts of West Lancashire. In June 2004, the maternity hospital was closed and maternity facilities were transferred to other units at hospitals in surrounding districts. Wrightington, Wigan and Leigh NHS Trust, who administered at Billinge Maternity Hospital, were transferred to a new maternity unit at the Royal Albert Edward Infirmary (Wigan Infirmary). Only a small section of the maternity unit remains, it looks like they will eventually be demolished to make way for new houses.

DSCF0122_zps27f2443f.jpg

IMG_0070_zps6f65f895.jpg

DSCF0018_zpsf236a768.jpg

DSCF0174_zps0d800eb9.jpg

DSCF0145_zps743ec248.jpg

DSCF0137_zpse9bed226.jpg

DSCF0098_zpsa83048e6.jpg

IMG_0068_zpsbde5af00.jpg

IMG_0071_zpsa502bcca.gif

IMG_0065_zpsa9c4cc1a.jpg

Last edited:

ACID- REFLUX

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Nice ones mate :thumb

Can tell the difference with the new Camera :)

Enjoyed this one strangely enough, & first time i"ve ever banged my head on "Hanging Wallpaper" lol

Was a good day all round mate, before the fatigue set in my old bones :rolleyes:

urblex

28DL Maverick
28DL Full Member
Yeah mate was a good one will have to get some more stuff done now my foot's on the mend :) not been being ignorent btw i currently have no credit and still no internet at home yet :banghead

urblex

28DL Maverick
28DL Full Member
Thanks Hamtagger, yeah chipped my tooth holding my torch between my teeth & caught it as i stupidly jumped into what i thought was going to be a basement. Wouldn't mind but there was nothing down there but a but of a crawlspace :(

Punk

Punkus Explorus
28DL Full Member
Thanks Hamtagger, yeah chipped my tooth holding my torch between my teeth & caught it as i stupidly jumped into what i thought was going to be a basement. Wouldn't mind but there was nothing down there but a but of a crawlspace :(

Ouch

urblex

28DL Maverick
28DL Full Member
yeah shrugged it off at the time then 2 weeks later had to leave work to visit the dentists :eek: there is no pain worse than toothache

Punk

Punkus Explorus
28DL Full Member
yeah shrugged it off at the time then 2 weeks later had to leave work to visit the dentists :eek: there is no pain worse than toothache

Tell me about it, a few months ago I had an abscess beneath one of my teeth and I slipped whilst in a culvert and snapped my teeth together. Had to stop for a few minutes to recover

ACID- REFLUX

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
It's weird that he managed to break his tooth whilst in the "Satanic Room " at Billinge !

I"m not suggesting he was making a offering to the Satanic Tooth Fairy but who knows :D

More like an excuse not to eat from that take away in Preston .........ever :eek:

Check yr texts lex

urblex

28DL Maverick
28DL Full Member
Yeah thank god (or Satan ;)) for clove oil... Mate i swear usually that take away is spot on, only realised the day after but we got those burgers for free if it makes you feel any better :)

ACID- REFLUX

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
No it does not !!!

I'd pay good money not to eat those again........ever :eek:

And to think I made us bail out of Camelots for that !

Texts mate ..........:tumbleweed :)

urblex

28DL Maverick
28DL Full Member
No it does not !!!

I'd pay good money not to eat those again........ever :eek:

And to think I made us bail out of Camelots for that !

Texts mate ..........:tumbleweed :)

Haha that burger has scarred you for life, i'll leave choice of takeaway to you next time, unless we pass Preston's 2nd or 3rd best takeaways :popcorn

Pinkman

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member

All the more reason to purchase a head torch man :D
Nice pics there, the place looks haggered but you've made the most of it.

Lavino

28DL Full Member
Drove past this hospital today it's still standing may pay a visit in their future..

Who has read this thread (Total: 3) View details