real time web analytics
Information - - Blackpool tunnel s | Underground Sites | Page 6 | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Information - Blackpool tunnel s

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

nikkisixx

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
ps, there is also a door down on middle walk that's boarded shut nearby too that looks interesting!

BPLExplorer

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I genuinely can't keep up to reply, Bethesda square was having is twice year sump drain sorted the other day, could smell it from my car as I passed and there was a drainage engineer there.
Middle walk?

King's Square toilets are still there, no access (yet)
Gynn toilets underground are closed off now and board up above the hole in wall cafe however there's a lot of curiosities around it...

Pander1985

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
You've got me intrigued again now mate, your photo isn't showing for some reason but the only forgotten toilet blocks I can think of that might connect to town are either the ones at Kings Square underneath Popeyes or the old ones at Gynn Square maybe? I had hear rumours they were connected to some old WW2 era spaces beneath the prom etc

Pander1985

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Sorry the photos didn’t upload, I’ll try again Yep the ones near Popeyes - pretty sure they are more extensive than they look, the original entrance I can’t find but think there is access?

nikkisixx

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I genuinely can't keep up to reply, Bethesda square was having is twice year sump drain sorted the other day, could smell it from my car as I passed and there was a drainage engineer there.
Middle walk?

King's Square toilets are still there, no access (yet)
Gynn toilets underground are closed off now and board up above the hole in wall cafe however there's a lot of curiosities around it...
Middle Walk is the part of the prom that runs from Gynn Square toward North Pier, just below road level - it's a notorious gay cruising area and rife with druggies too at night though so take care if you venture down, but beneath the overhanging part where the benches and walkway are, there is a door that's crudely boarded shut leading into a space beneath where the trams run and I'm led to believe this area was used during WW2 for various military purposes, though how true that is I can't say.

With regards Gynn Sq toilets, I remember hearing that there was a doorway in there that the janitor had told people led into a tunnel toward town and also nearby there is the large council owned storage area/former woodworking shop just past the Hole in the Wall too, I believe this once connected to the spaces beneath the tram tracks and tunnels too. I'd love to hear any more curiousities around that area too if you know of any?

nikkisixx

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Sorry the photos didn’t upload, I’ll try again Yep the ones near Popeyes - pretty sure they are more extensive than they look, the original entrance I can’t find but think there is access?
the original access to these loo's was from an area that's now been closed off - right behind Popeyes, it was a walkway between the shops and had stairs that led down to the toilets.

I once was caught short with stomach cramps in my teens and had to leg it down there for an emergency dump. In my naivety at the time, I just thought the group of blokes all stood together at the urinals must be mates and talking while they had a slash, however once seated and on with the business of my dump, someone tried the door of my bog and then knocked on it quietly too!!!! I shouted "sorry, this one's occupied" assuming they were also in need of a Brad Pitt but then the pervy fucker stuck his head under the door and looked in!!!! A well aimed boot at his face soon made him withdraw and I finished what I was doing and quickly went to leave - when I opened the door rapidly and went to get away sharpish, there were two more blokes hovering around the door and the sudden realization hit me of what they were all up to. Needless to say, I ran up the stairs, out of there and never used those toilets again!!!

Pander1985

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
the original access to these loo's was from an area that's now been closed off - right behind Popeyes, it was a walkway between the shops and had stairs that led down to the toilets.

I once was caught short with stomach cramps in my teens and had to leg it down there for an emergency dump. In my naivety at the time, I just thought the group of blokes all stood together at the urinals must be mates and talking while they had a slash, however once seated and on with the business of my dump, someone tried the door of my bog and then knocked on it quietly too!!!! I shouted "sorry, this one's occupied" assuming they were also in need of a Brad Pitt but then the pervy fucker stuck his head under the door and looked in!!!! A well aimed boot at his face soon made him withdraw and I finished what I was doing and quickly went to leave - when I opened the door rapidly and went to get away sharpish, there were two more blokes hovering around the door and the sudden realization hit me of what they were all up to. Needless to say, I ran up the stairs, out of there and never used those toilets again!!!

Oo sounds like crap experience! I only recall the underground toilets in my old Kentish home town, slipped on top step ended up at the bottom in one step! Last i heard they had sold the toilets and turned it into a trendy underground wine bar! As you do. Thanks for the added info! I’ve popped some more photos.. hoping one day they can be photoed more accurately - lost in tome history as it were

nikkisixx

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Nice pics, if I remember right - once you got to the bottom of the stairs, you turned left for the urinals or right for the cubicles. They were the typical old fashioned quite smelly bogs but were relatively clean and tidy and not trashed as others were, though as I say, it was donkeys years ago when I last used them. I think they were closed off sometime in the early 2000's, probably when the disabled access rules were coming in

Pander1985

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Nice pics, if I remember right - once you got to the bottom of the stairs, you turned left for the urinals or right for the cubicles. They were the typical old fashioned quite smelly bogs but were relatively clean and tidy and not trashed as others were, though as I say, it was donkeys years ago when I last used them. I think they were closed off sometime in the early 2000's, probably when the disabled access rules were coming in

Many closed around that era, the ones at Talbot square were interesting to see being filled in, some old gems were pulled out of there!

nikkisixx

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Yep, I remember - I only ever used that particular one once, back in the mid 90's when I was waiting for a taxi with my mates, heavily intoxicated after a night in The Bizness :-D I think there used to be a barber shop down there too if memory serves. Those American Pickers guys off the telly would love some of the old signs, fixtures and fitting that are ripped out of these places, they'd sell them on for a fortune!

Pander1985

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Yep, I remember - I only ever used that particular one once, back in the mid 90's when I was waiting for a taxi with my mates, heavily intoxicated after a night in The Bizness :-D I think there used to be a barber shop down there too if memory serves. Those American Pickers guys off the telly would love some of the old signs, fixtures and fitting that are ripped out of these places, they'd sell them on for a fortune!
Ah yes things are getting hard to find in untouched condition, was fascinating watching it be filled in, you never know what’s under your feet!

willkay76

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
The South Shore underground toilets look like they have been accessed recently, with what looks like a new padlock on the gate. I couldn't remember being able to see down the stairs the last time I looked.
photo_2021-03-30_11-42-25.jpg

photo_2021-03-30_11-42-13.jpg

photo_2021-03-30_11-42-20.jpg

Pander1985

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
The South Shore underground toilets look like they have been accessed recently, with what looks like a new padlock on the gate. I couldn't remember being able to see down the stairs the last time I looked.
photo_2021-03-30_11-42-25.jpg

photo_2021-03-30_11-42-13.jpg

photo_2021-03-30_11-42-20.jpg
They have been ‘gotten into’ by a few different people then the power of Facebook shared the explorers photos, I’m guessing the original scales are now long gone? The grids were rather rusty so easily removed (not by me) - interesting to see someone do a report on here soon..

nikkisixx

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I drive past those ones almost every day and I'd never noticed the grids had been moved as much as that the last time I looked properly either, I'll look forward to a report hopefully popping up very much!
I wouldn't mind an explore of the closed off ones at Gynn Square too, as mentioned in previous posts there are supposed to be a couple of interesting features down there

BPLExplorer

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I've got a report on the place ready to put up when I won't get shouted at for walking around my home town. I hope to god it hasn't suffered anymore than when I went in.
Its clad in typical ww2 wood work and some beautiful (lol) urinals.

Who has read this thread (Total: 767) View details