real time web analytics
Report - - Blood Donor Center, Brentwood - October 2020 | Asylums and Hospitals | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Blood Donor Center, Brentwood - October 2020

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Berserker

Back to it...
28DL Full Member
Before I get on with my own report here I'm going to HAVE TO mention @ToasterBoy. His report on this site was an incredibly funny read. So if you fancy a laugh and want to have a look at some daytime pictures that were taken earlier in the year, get yourself on over to his report!

The History:

This center was closed in March of 2015 after the NHS Blood and Transfusions board deemed the hub surplus to requirements. The site which is 3.7 acres, was snapped up by Enfield based house builder Fairview New Homes to the tune of £7 million. The site always includes a small portion of green space and woodlands, which is protected by the greenbelt. The new owners had plans to turn the site into roughly 80 flats with around 100 parking spaces but the plans for this were unanimously rejected and now sits unused. (Although demolishing works are already starting to take place and the site has been stripped, also ongoing asbestos removal).

The Explore:

Another school night explore and a fair few of us this time to go and do this one, two cars it was. After picking a meet up spot we drove to our derp for the evening and found a suitable parking spot and then began to make our way towards the site. Annoyingly and enjoyably our access was through some woodlands, so, it took a fair old while trying to find a way in but, at least we had a nice scenic walk whilst doing so, I suppose.
Once we'd found our way around one fence and "got in", we then had to battle with a second fence (just our luck) and then finally a third, but this third one was no hassle at all. From here on out it was pretty much plain sailing. (I was kind of worried after seeing @ToasterBoy's ahem... nightmare-ish encounter with the alarms. But, to my surprise, as we made it further and further around the site we were still yet to run into any alarms whatsoever. We were also expecting there to be some form of security onsite, but it seemed like security was lessened to a few live, but more than likely unwatched cameras around the site.

We spent a fair few hours in here, enjoying ourselves and taking photos, made it into the middle of the site and found what we thought might have a been a basement with an outside entrance/exit. So I decided to go down the stairs to check it out and just as I noticed there was a big lock on the door a pigeon comes flapping like a maniac out of nowhere and scares the absolute **** out of me! Most of the windows have been ripped out with big piles of rubble or junk around the site, and some odd spots here and there within the building where they have asbestos removal so best to avoid going into those.
We noticed the roofs and then started looking for roof access to which we noticed a ladder, but this place was kind of like a maze since some of the ways around were locked off/blocked. So there was a lot of going down stairs to get into another section of the building to walk up a different set of stairs, but we eventually found our roof access, blocked off by a massive pile of rubbish and junk and rubble. Shame. :banghead

Anyway.. onto the pics :thumb

mookster

grumpy sod
Regular User
The cameras will most likely be on site to help protect the heavy plant, in case some chancers decide to take one of them walkies.