real time web analytics
Report - - Bontddu Hall - Dollgelau, North Wales - October 2022 | Other Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Bontddu Hall - Dollgelau, North Wales - October 2022

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

MK83

Wife and husband
28DL Full Member
An update post on this place, It was very popular a couple of years ago but we never got round to seeing it. We happened to be staying nearby for the night and always fancied a look so went for mooch around. Attempts have been made to secure it recently by the looks and every interior door is now screwed shut so it's a bit of a pain to navigate around but still plenty of cool bits to photograph.

Bontddu Hall dates to 1873, originally a 20-room mansion, and was a country retreat for the Mayor of Birmingham called Bryn Tirion before becoming a hotel. Guests include ex UK Prime Minsiter Neville Chamberlain and actor Richard Burton. It was used as a hotel until 2004 and then turned back into a private residence. Sadly the hall suffered a massive fire in 2020 resulting in the death of the current owners wife.

100.JPG

101.JPG

102.JPG

103.JPG

IMG_8658.JPG

105.JPG

106.JPG

107.JPG

107a.JPG

108.JPG

109.JPG

110.JPG

111.JPG

112.JPG

112a.JPG

113.JPG

114.JPG

115.JPG

116.JPG

117.JPG

118.JPG

119.JPG

120.JPG

121.JPG

122.JPG

123.JPG

124.JPG

125.JPG

126.JPG

127.JPG

Thanks for looking.

HughieD

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Nice set. Looks like you saw all the good bits there, so good on yer getting round it, despite the doors being screwed down!

Calamity Jane

i see beauty in the unloved, places & things
Regular User
Nice update. It is a terrible story, so sad. I read the current owner has dropped the price right down to £850,000 how sad it all must feel. Some lovely bits to see still, good job covering this, despite the screwed doors. :thumb

MK83

Wife and husband
28DL Full Member
Nice set. Looks like you saw all the good bits there, so good on yer getting round it, despite the doors being screwed down!

Thanks, getting round it was mostly a case of working round the really damaged bits or climbing through tiny holes. Quite liked the place tbh.

Nice update. It is a terrible story, so sad. I read the current owner has dropped the price right down to £850,000 how sad it all must feel. Some lovely bits to see still, good job covering this, despite the screwed doors. :thumb

Thanks, it is a terrible story. It's very badly damaged so i can see why they are struggling to sell, with it being listed it would take an awful lot of work to do anything with it.

Is the massive wasps nest still there lol

Haha, yep. The whole place is full of thousands of them, was expecting to get swarmed at any minute.

Who has read this thread (Total: 244) View details