real time web analytics
Book Research | General Exploring Chat Forum | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Book Research

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

alou

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Hi everyone,

I write YA novels and my next book is going to have a main character who is into urban exploring. If anyone would be willing to have an email chat with me I would be really grateful. The character, Zak, will be about 17. I'd like to make sure I get the language and motives behind the sport right. Really happy to speak to anyone who thinks they might be able to help me bring Zak to life and do roof topping justice in a book for teenagers.

Thanks,
Amelia.

Down and beyond

The true source of englands wealth is coal
Regular User
Hello welcome to 28dl so your 17 year old Zak is it only rooftoping he does or other urbex things also ?

Scoobysrt

Teim scoobs
28DL Full Member
The attitude and actions of your character will vary depending on why he does it, if he's a YouTuber out for likes or a hobbiest.
Rooftopping and urbex although often intertwined are two separate areas.

pirate

Rum Swigger
28DL Full Member
I don’t do either but names of moves/tricks/obstacles relating to parkour can be found online,I’m not sure if rooftopping means jumping between them or just getting onto them

alou

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Hello welcome to 28dl so your 17 year old Zak is it only rooftoping he does or other urbex things also ?
Thanks for your reply. I'm interested to know more about the other aspects of urbex - So far I think there'll be some scenes of climbing buildings and a crane. I'm interested in the abandoned buildings aspects of things too.

alou

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
The attitude and actions of your character will vary depending on why he does it, if he's a YouTuber out for likes or a hobbiest.
Rooftopping and urbex although often intertwined are two separate areas.
Thanks for this, I hadn't realised quite how separate rooftopping and urban are. Zak isn't doing it for YouTube likes, so I guess it would be as a hobbiest- and a risk taker.

alou

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I don’t do either but names of moves/tricks/obstacles relating to parkour can be found online,I’m not sure if rooftopping means jumping between them or just getting onto them
Thanks for your reply. Yes I've had a good look online, but was just interested to see if there was anyone who could talk to me in a bit more detail. :)

host

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Firstly most explorers are Middle Aged white males that I know there are new people of different ages but with two different approaches I think. Would be interesting to know what kind of exploring he’s into, there a a lot of different types. Pm me if you like