real time web analytics
Report - - Box freestone mine, Wiltshire 04/04/2015 | Mines and Quarries | Page 3 | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Box freestone mine, Wiltshire 04/04/2015

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

glub

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Is anyone interested in going tomorrow? Would like to go with someone with more idea than we have
Any tips?

Tomw1989

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Anyone fancy going to box soon? Been a few times but want to go again if anyones up for it.

4 of us may be going up next weekend provided that the one guy can get leave from the RAF. I'll let you know as soon as I find out. You're more than welcome to join us!

glub

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
We are revisiting this weekend
If anyone else is up for it they are welcome to join.

Don't be mistaken like we did and go down the first grill thinking I was the backdoor then getting lost because we were at the wrong place haha.
It's the crawling entrance really small.

Tomw1989

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
We are revisiting this weekend
If anyone else is up for it they are welcome to join.

Don't be mistaken like we did and go down the first grill thinking I was the backdoor then getting lost because we were at the wrong place haha.
It's the crawling entrance really small.

I did the same! Went in and out 3 times and wandered about in the first big chamber for half hour before it clicked.

glub

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
We went yesterday saw alot of it, ended up getting lost from the cathedral and actually coming up into the first grill! Through a tiny gap.
Some vandals have messed up the backdoor.

Tomw1989

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
We went yesterday saw alot of it, ended up getting lost from the cathedral and actually coming up into the first grill! Through a tiny gap.
Some vandals have messed up the backdoor.

What do you mean by messed up?

glub

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
What do you mean by messed up?

Let's just say you don't need a key anymore. They ripped part of the cave out next to it
Not sure how as a few of the rocks are quite big
Rocks everywhere and a gap next to the door.

Bertie Bollockbrains

There is no pain
Regular User
There's a posing on the DP website a few weeks back saying that Jack's Entrance has had the same treatment... photos as well in there to be seen

Lord Oort

Fear is the little death
Regular User
Let's just say you don't need a key anymore. They ripped part of the cave out next to it
Not sure how as a few of the rocks are quite big
Rocks everywhere and a gap next to the door.

Fucking idiot vandals :banghead did you let the Quarrymans know about the damage?

glub

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Fucking idiot vandals :banghead did you let the Quarrymans know about the damage?
We didn't get out till 3 am, haha.
I'll give them a call and let them know.
If jacks entrance is the grill next to it that one wasn't damaged when we went.