real time web analytics
Report - - Bradford Conditioning House - August 2015 | Industrial Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Bradford Conditioning House - August 2015

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Camera Shy

Old enough to know better
Regular User
Not done a report for a little while, been out plenty but have been a bit "can't be arsed" about doing reports. Anyway thought i might chuck one up, nipped over to Bradford with Host for a nosey in the Conditioning House, i rarely use a tripod but could have done with one here as there's plenty of interesting bits in the cellars but it's pitch black, as mentioned before, floors are not too clever.

Bradford conditioning house was built by the Bradford Corporation after a special act of parliament to quality check and control the moisture content of textiles by means of laboratory examination and certify their true weight and length. It was the only such one of its kind in this country. The purpose built building was designed by F Wild who unfortunately died in 1901 and never saw his plans come to completion. The work was instead superintended by the city architect F. E.P Edwards. The structure was erected over four-storeys and basement around 3 sides of an open court and opened in 1902.. Now, with its glory days a distant memory, the Grade II-listed building is starting to slip from the consciousness of the Bradford population and is increasingly neglected, forgotten and derelict. Since its closure in the late 1980’s it has struggled to find its way. In 1990, there were plans to transform the building into a hotel and conference centre. Six years later, permission was granted to convert it into commercial offices. But nothing happened. In the absence of attention, the building became ever-more dilapidated.

cond21.jpg

cond.jpg

cond4.jpg

cond17.jpg

cond6.jpg

cond5.jpg

cond2.jpg

cond9.jpg

cond10.jpg

cond7.jpg

cond27.jpg

cond22.jpg

cond13.jpg

cond16.jpg

cond11.jpg

cond12.jpg

cond14.jpg

cond19.jpg

cond18.jpg

cond8.jpg

cond20.jpg

cond23.jpg

cond24.jpg

cond26.jpg

Valiant

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Wish I'd have known. I'm only down the road. I'd have loved to have joined you. Looks great mate. Cheers for the cracking pics.

goingunder

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Great pictures mate - wish I'd of known about this place, was in Bradford on Saturday :(

May have to do another M62 road trip again soon now, looks a good one does this.

dweeb

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Lovely photos.

Makes me wish I had taken more the other day, but I was knee deep in the crap in the basement for most of my time in there! But hey, that's me through and through...

The_Raw

Staff member
If you rarely use a tripod then there's still hope for some of us yet, your photos are always top dollar :thumb

Ojay

Admin
Staff member
Admin
Not done a report for a little while, been out plenty but have been a bit "can't be arsed" about doing reports

I know the feeling, shame as you always capture these places really well

Been a good while since I was last in here, takes me back to the early draining day's in Bradford does this

Keep 'em coming m8ty :thumb

Who has read this thread (Total: 5) View details