real time web analytics
Report - - Brinksway Air Raid Shelter, Stockport - Mar 18 | Underground Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Brinksway Air Raid Shelter, Stockport - Mar 18

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

UrbandonedTeam

the north
Regular User
I'm running very low on time to post this one because of other stuff I gotta do so I'm just going to leave you guys with basic history and pictures. This site has been done numerously over the years so it shouldn't matter too much.

Brinksway Air Raid Shelter

Brinksway is one of three deep level shelters in Stockport, and was intended to be used by civilians. The tunnels were dug into the sandstone that the town is famous for, and it's not hard to find the many marks in the walls made by the workers' pickaxes. Work started on the tunnels in 1938 and the first set of shelters was opened on 28 October 1939. They were 7 feet wide and 7 feet high and had electric lighting and wooden bench seating, along with both male and female toilets. A warden’s post, a first aid store and a tool store were also provided. After the war, the tunnels were 'sealed' but it is clear that many, many people have been in since.

Although I'd heard these tunnels were inaccessible currently, we decided to check them out anyway whilst in Stockport and were pleasantly surprised once we noticed the access point. From then it was just a 'trying to remember different bits of graffiti so we didn't get lost' explore. As you will notice, some light painting turned out better than others, I just did the best I could with my torch.

40475803335_c91aaa0303_b.jpg

40475806245_32d4cb4352_b.jpg

26499286477_e905d0e3f7_b.jpg

26499290977_c5d80c7c7e_b.jpg

26499284807_fd542a332c_b.jpg

26499288247_1dd588fe75_b.jpg

26499281667_b297e7ed5a_b.jpg

Here's the link to my video. Although it was hard to record cinematics in these lighting conditions, I'm quite happy with how it turned out and I'll probably be doing more underground stuff soon:

Thanks for reading :)

FreshFingers

Choose life, choose tunnels
Regular User
Could you move the item that has been left behind that clearly shows the access point too.

UrbandonedTeam

the north
Regular User
First post and you're asking for access
Sorry but it really doesn't work like that

You could be a council worker looking to seal the site up for all we know
Post a few reports and pictures on the forum and people will be happier to share access details
Thank you

explore2020

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
already been told about this entrance going there soon as rawexplore tried to get in by another point hopefully we can get in if its not been filled watched video and it was great

Mr Budge

28DL Regular User
Regular User
already been told about this entrance going there soon as rawexplore tried to get in by another point hopefully we can get in if its not been filled watched video and it was great
if your on about the entrance next to it on the building site dont bother we tried this recently and its been filled in unfortunatly

Alizan97&

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
if your on about the entrance next to it on the building site dont bother we tried this recently and its been filled in unfortunatly
We spent 5 hours starting to dig it out lol, that’s why it’s all out more haha, but we think we found another way in