real time web analytics
Report - - Brushes Reservoir Overflow (Sept 2015) | UK Draining Forum | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Brushes Reservoir Overflow (Sept 2015)

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Jim Up North

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Both entrances to this culvert are hidden by a dense wooded area and I found it by accident one day, then I returned another day to explore with my brother. I have tried to find historical background to the reservoirs in this area but there is nothing on the internet. If anyone knows anything about it I would love to hear what they have to say. I can't find any evidence of other people visiting here either which makes me think that I dreamed the whole thing..... except I have these photos.

D12_8992lre315d.jpg

D12_8995lrd5ade.jpg

D12_9007lr20990.jpg

D12_9013lr88239.jpg

D12_9014lrb61f9.jpg

D12_9019lre4f49.jpg

D12_9020lr7c865.jpg

ACID- REFLUX

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Nice editing :thumb

I think it needs some more people shots adding TBH, nobody wants to see an empty boring tunnel ;)

Normally if there"s no local History, the location (in the title) will help members probably? ID it, along with some kind of text relating to size / length? does it discharge into anything etc etc

It"s certainly a very dry Culvert, reminds me of Thurgland Tunnel without the lighting . Nice though

Jim Up North

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Nice editing :thumb

I think it needs some more people shots adding TBH, nobody wants to see an empty boring tunnel ;)

Normally if there"s no local History, the location (in the title) will help members probably? ID it, along with some kind of text relating to size / length? does it discharge into anything etc etc

It"s certainly a very dry Culvert, reminds me of Thurgland Tunnel without the lighting . Nice though
Thanks. Not sure if you are being sarcastic about it needing more people shot or not. The levels of the reservoir had been low for a long time so the tunnel was very dry. I think that the tunnel was built so that water could bypass Brushes reservoir by allowing the water to go directly from the reservoir further uphill straight into the reservoir below Brushes Reservoir. The tunnel is a few hundred metres long with just enough bends in it to make mot of the tunnel pitch black. The exact length was hard to judge because I kept stopping to take photographs. I tried to measure it on Google Earth but the exact start and finish of the tunnel were unclear due to the dense woodland. Access was easy though, you just have to climb down a metal ladder and walk a bit.