real time web analytics
Report - - Cambrian Slate Mine - Llangollen - Feb 2011 - | Mines and Quarries | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Cambrian Slate Mine - Llangollen - Feb 2011 -

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

georgie

He Never Even Got There
28DL Full Member
cant find much info out on this place other than this

the cambrian is situated in the hills of ceiriog
consisted of 4 large open workings,and a considerable amount of underground workings

im sure i read somewhere that this place exploded due to some form of gas yrs ago

anyhow my first mine explore and quite a challenge taking pics this far underground...

was quite an experience and could do with a revisit to spend more time in there and also to get better pictures than what i ended up with.

after the rather wet access your faced with a large carved tunnel leading to a y junction with the left leading you deep into the mine as the right tunnel takes to land....sadly i didnt manage to get any pics of the main tunnel or y junction as the torrent of water was quite fierce ,well over the knee ,and my tripod was getting thrown everywhere.

gibbo said there was a large waterfall inside but sadly i never got to see it ...there was allsorts ,a dam,big rivers,old workings,...probably the kind of things youd expect to find in an old mine i suppose

found this little pdf which explains it a bit more Mine Explorer

visited with gibbo,tcci,darwen dave,and sallybear

DSCF8076-2.jpg

DSCF8044.jpg

DSCF8027.jpg

DSCF8085.jpg

DSCF8090.jpg

DSCF8098.jpg

DSCF8102.jpg

DSCF8097.jpg

DSCF8088.jpg

DSCF8047.jpg