real time web analytics
Report - - Camelot Theme Park, June 2015 | Leisure Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Camelot Theme Park, June 2015

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Pudgetheblob

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
After recently reading that Camelot had closed down in 2012, I was eager to visit the park to discover it's secrets. I found scouting around it pretty strange, having been there when it was open, but we had an ace time! In 3 years, its evident how quickly the site has decayed (with a little bit of help from some arsonists by the looks of things) though we were able to access many of the areas relatively easily. As for security, I had read that many people had been caught in the act. But it seems that luck was on our side, as we managed to make it all the way to the top of Nightmare (a notorious spot for Sec.), and back, unnoticed. We arrived at roughly 4:30am and spent about 2 hours at the park, exploring I'd say half of it. We avoided the entrance because it seemed likely to be a sec spot and also didn't quite make it to the water slide. However, we explored the stables, jousting area, Dragon flyer and Nightmare. Got some brilliant shots and had a cheeky little clamber up the old coaster which was an awesome experience!
Overall, successful trip that I would highly recommend if you get the chance!

rip1.jpg

street12.jpg

pano21.jpg
pano1.jpg

nightmare31.jpg

carts12.jpg

chair12.jpg

jousting1.jpg

Nightmare 21.jpg

nightmare 41.jpg

Nightmare1.jpg

walkway1.jpg

feet1.jpg

sunset11.jpg

BrainL

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
There was no sign of any secca when we went a few months back, lots of and lots of explorers though, Id say we seen 10 different people there that day so Id think you could back and see the entrance etc any time :)

Pudgetheblob

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
There was no sign of any secca when we went a few months back, lots of and lots of explorers though, Id say we seen 10 different people there that day so Id think you could back and see the entrance etc any time :)
Ah awesome! Will defo have to go back then! We didn't see anyone which is weird!

Ratboy

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
on the rare occasions that there is secca on site they seem to hang around up near Nightmare so going around the main entrance is usually safe,a friend i go exploring with even took his kids for a picnic in there a couple of months ago

Canadrummergetsome

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Good ol' Camelot :rolleyes:
When we went back in March, there was secco on site. Caught us in the main village areas, took our pictures on his tablet and told us to leave. He then drove up to Nightmare and we didn't see him again...
Anyway, nice report, mate :thumb

Who has read this thread (Total: 4) View details