real time web analytics
28DL and UE in the News - Canterbury Cathedral - Explorer branded 'stupid' | 28DL and Urban Exploring in the News... | 28DaysLater.co.uk

28DL and UE in the News Canterbury Cathedral - Explorer branded 'stupid'

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

The Guard Dog

Slightly older… still bites
28DL Full Member
I love the press, I think they are jealous the pictures are better than anything they have ever taken. Also I'd bill them for using the pics.

Horus

Butt Wipe
28DL Full Member
In his report on climbing the Cathedral, the explorer said he was surprised at how “relaxedâ€￾ it was to break into the grounds.

Police spokesman Jon Green said it was unlikely a criminal offence had been committed and any trespass would be a civil matter

They should read the article before publishing.

hhh

28DL Irregular Member
28DL Full Member
He (Cathedral spokesman Chris Robinson) said: “Climbing in the dark without suitable equipment is very dangerous and stupid....â€￾

-so as long as you are suitably equipped for climbing in the dark it can't be such a big problem. (not noticed any indication of equipment used or not in original report)

sirjonnyp

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
This is from the same guys who ran an article on an explore of mine in the paper this week and portrayed it in a positive light :rolleyes:

Ordnance

Stay Safe
Staff member

He (Cathedral spokesman Chris Robinson) said: “Climbing in the dark without suitable equipment is very dangerous and stupid....â€￾

Lets be honest here - no location is going to be happy about an unauthorised 'explore' or 'climb' no matter what safety gear was used and even if it excited the health & saftey working at hights directive..

For a worker to do the same thing would need an H&S assessment and permit to work, not forgeting insurance and being paid for it. We do it for the fun & kick of adrenaline, not really the same thing.