real time web analytics
Report - - Cardiff City Asylum, Whitchurch - September 2022 | Asylums and Hospitals | Page 2 | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Cardiff City Asylum, Whitchurch - September 2022

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Bazza74

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Some glorious shots there, as you said the corridors with a little bit of light ingress are stunning. Probably a bit far for me to travel on the off chance of getting in so i'll enjoy it thorough your pictures. Well done.

Fuzzball

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Cracking pictures mate, all well composed. Reminds me a bit of Severalls
It's those corridors for me. Same desolate, oddly relaxing vibes of endless Edwardian corridors punctuated only by ivy, old doors and peeling paint. The sweet spot. That's where it's at.

Tyra101

28DL Member
28DL Member
We tried yesterday but I can confirm security cameras do work and the Italian mastiff guard dog is on the ball. Either need a ladder or be very slim for going under.

thewind80

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Does anyone know if security patrol the inside of the building at night or do they just stay outside? This is on my list but don't fancy being mauled to death by a security dog 🤣

unplugged

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Does anyone know if security patrol the inside of the building at night or do they just stay outside? This is on my list but don't fancy being mauled to death by a security dog 🤣

According to the copper choppers we ran into there on our last visit they do 🤷‍♂️

Didn't see them in the building but they soon came looking when said choppers hauled a huge cable down and it flicked down the length of the building and smashed into the fence right by them 🙄

thewind80

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
According to the copper choppers we ran into there on our last visit they do 🤷‍♂️

Didn't see them in the building but they soon came looking when said choppers hauled a huge cable down and it flicked down the length of the building and smashed into the fence right by them 🙄
We tried this place before Xmas and there were 4 dog units but all outside with dogs barking in the back of the vans. I'm not sure if they actually patrol the whole place or just part of it. Also, I wonder if they would let the dogs off the lead or keep them under control...

tumbles

Drama Queen
Staff member
They have been patrolling inside but not with dogs because of the glass on the floors. Dogs can’t be let off the lead but could be used as yard dogs in confined spaces.

Certainly security are on it since autumn of last year. 7 years too late but nevermind now that the place is trashed 🤣

unplugged

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
We tried this place before Xmas and there were 4 dog units but all outside with dogs barking in the back of the vans. I'm not sure if they actually patrol the whole place or just part of it. Also, I wonder if they would let the dogs off the lead or keep them under control...
When we were there the dogs were tied up outside trying to shelter from the rain 😣 they didn't seem to react much to the crunching glass, doors or pigeons doing their death fly before we noticed one of them. Just a pupper.

DanMoist

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I visited a few times in 2019. Just before it got silly and security was improved. Is it worth another trip? I fancy going up the tower again.

tumbles

Drama Queen
Staff member
I visited a few times in 2019. Just before it got silly and security was improved. Is it worth another trip? I fancy going up the tower again.

Security didn’t really improve till late last year. Still doable if you put the effort in.

Water tower? Honestly even as someone who went up it as recent as last August- nah. Firstly it’s bricked up so only way up is if you wanna take a very sketchy route that frankly is now a death trap - the water ingress has meant floors collapsing or near collapse. Wouldn’t be surprised if they’ve got worse since last autumn.

mookster

grumpy sod
Regular User
The tower was sketchy enough back in 2018, most of the floors and stairs were worryingly soft. When I was there it was pouring with rain all day and the inside walls of the tower was like a waterfall.

tumbles

Drama Queen
Staff member
The tower was sketchy enough back in 2018, most of the floors and stairs were worryingly soft. When I was there it was pouring with rain all day and the inside walls of the tower was like a waterfall.
100x worse. The floors were collapsing in corners. This was Oct 2021 but was worse even still last year

9D099795-17D9-4978-82AC-EDED55D2032F.jpeg

unplugged

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Security didn’t really improve till late last year. Still doable if you put the effort in.

Water tower? Honestly even as someone who went up it as recent as last August- nah. Firstly it’s bricked up so only way up is if you wanna take a very sketchy route that frankly is now a death trap - the water ingress has meant floors collapsing or near collapse. Wouldn’t be surprised if they’ve got worse since last autumn.

Is it still the the Corridor where they were once doing Asbestos Removal and Death Ladder?

Seffy

Staff member
100x worse. The floors were collapsing in corners. This was Oct 2021 but was worse even still last year

9D099795-17D9-4978-82AC-EDED55D2032F.jpeg
Someone is gonna through through that floor soon! Unless it has now actually collapsed, of course

Who has read this thread (Total: 440) View details