real time web analytics
Report - - Cardiff City Asylum, Whitchurch - September 2022 | Asylums and Hospitals | Page 3 | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Cardiff City Asylum, Whitchurch - September 2022

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

tumbles

Drama Queen
Staff member
Someone is gonna through through that floor soon! Unless it has now actually collapsed, of course

Wouldn't surprise me if it's got worse over winter. Now remember when the drain on the top was jammed up and 3ft deep!

DanMoist

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
That's a pity. I really fancied another trip up the tower. What have they bricked up? The entrance at the bottom?

tumbles

Drama Queen
Staff member
That's a pity. I really fancied another trip up the tower. What have they bricked up? The entrance at the bottom?
Yes. There is another way if you know - however given how sketchy it is am not for disclosing it in public.

Last edited:

AGONY225

28DL Member
28DL Member
I can't get over how impressive your photos are here, honestly my favourite report you captured the site perfectly.

summer.berries

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Stunning photos - really. I personally think the showers are the best part - they are full on Victorian with those metal partitions and comfortless benches! Wish I was nearer and/or drove.

Wastelandr

Goes where the Buddleia grows
Regular User
Stunning photos - really. I personally think the showers are the best part - they are full on Victorian with those metal partitions and comfortless benches! Wish I was nearer and/or drove.
Yeah I totally get the appeal, I might even agree! I like the stores too for that reason. How on earth does that stuff remain unchanged in an NHS hospital up to 2016? If you find the means to then go and see it whenever you can.

tumbles

Drama Queen
Staff member
Yeah I totally get the appeal, I might even agree! I like the stores too for that reason. How on earth does that stuff remain unchanged in an NHS hospital up to 2016? If you find the means to then go and see it whenever you can.
The old bathhouse was still used by the staff football team right up to closure. The original showers remained in use. They still worked when water was on and the heads weren’t yoinked 🤣

Talking to staff who worked there a long time they said the original baths with the covers were still in there till 1960s 🤯

Who has read this thread (Total: 440) View details