real time web analytics
Report - - Caterham F1 Headquarters | Industrial Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Caterham F1 Headquarters

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

AlexPerkins

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
So on Saturday decided to take a trip to the Caterham f1 HQ, it has been closed since 2014 I believe, due to the F1 team going into administration, It sits on a 28 acre site with fairly easy access.

The Explore:

So it took us a while to find an entrance, I didn't fancy climbing onto a roof in the partially snowy conditions so we came across an open ground floor window, as first entering it was clear that all of the copper and a lot of cables had been taken out of the roof, but it took us ages to get round the whole building it is huge, and features some very interesting stuff. As you can see from the photos below it has seen better days and is starting to become completely trashed in some areas, but others are spotless.
LEAFIELD F1 (2 of 24).jpg
LEAFIELD F1 (1 of 24).jpg
LEAFIELD F1 (6 of 24).jpg
LEAFIELD F1 (7 of 24).jpg
LEAFIELD F1 (11 of 24).jpg
LEAFIELD F1 (12 of 24).jpg
LEAFIELD F1 (13 of 24).jpg
LEAFIELD F1 (14 of 24).jpg
LEAFIELD F1 (15 of 24).jpg
LEAFIELD F1 (16 of 24).jpg
LEAFIELD F1 (17 of 24).jpg
View attachment
LEAFIELD F1 (19 of 24).jpg
LEAFIELD F1 (20 of 24).jpg
LEAFIELD F1 (21 of 24).jpg
LEAFIELD F1 (23 of 24).jpg
LEAFIELD F1 (24 of 24).jpg

Also we bumped into a local neighbour with a dog who stared us down whilst we were inside, we came out to greet him and he just asked if we were taking pictures and was fine, he said there is active cameras on site and the police are quite often called, there was a drugs raid not long ago too, but overall he was nice and gave us some tips and history on the place which was great, he did say BE CAREFUL where you park, the neighbours are prone to damaging vehicles so I would recommend parking a fair distance away else there could be some problems and also so your visit isn't cut short by the police.

Hope you enjoy.

fremyjay

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
We visited here a while ago in our workvan, did you check out the outbuildings and see the old molds for the f1 cars?

AlexPerkins

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
We visited here a while ago in our workvan, did you check out the outbuildings and see the old molds for the f1 cars?

I didn't mate no, unfortunately we bumped into the neighbour whilst inside so cut the trip a little short

Who has read this thread (Total: 177) View details