real time web analytics
Report - - CEAG Lighting, Barnsley, 4/2011 | Industrial Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - CEAG Lighting, Barnsley, 4/2011

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

retrospek

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I found that there has already been a report of this site done back in 2008. The building was due to be demolished at some point in 2009 but as of yet this has obviously not happened.

p1-1.jpg

Here is a brief bit of history anyway,

There has been CEAG lighting factory in Barnsley since before the First World War.
CEAG Lighting's first incandescent lamps were made for its miner’s safety lamps in 1922, under the registered trade name "LUMAX". The original factory was burnt down in 1935 and was replaced by this new four storey factory on Queens Road in 1936.

After World War Two, CEAG expanded into manufacturing other products, such as auto car parts. In the 1960s and 70s it made parts for the General Post Office (GPO) and emergency lighting for hospitals and other public buildings. An unsuccessful move into making tumble dryers was a sign of the company in decline. In 1981 it was acquired by the company sales director and has branched out into many areas: railway signal lamps; train lamps; long life lamps; marine lamps; low voltage incandescent lamps; and lamps for the Ministry of Defence and NATO, which are products that CEAG still manufactures to this day. The company moved to its present new site in March 2006.

p2.jpg

p3.jpg

p4.jpg

p5.jpg

p6.jpg

p7.jpg

p8.jpg

p9.jpg

p10.jpg

p11.jpg

p12.jpg

p13.jpg

There wasn’t much smack head paraphernalia around unlike what I saw from the previous report. But when I got down into the dark ground/basement floor with my little mag light I head someone else down there walking around and slamming doors etc so I got the message and left at that point.

Who has read this thread (Total: 6) View details