Web
Analytics
Report - - Ceulan Mill, Wales - Aug '15 | Industrial Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk
  • Welcome to 28DaysLater.co.uk - 28DL - The UK Urban Exploring / Urban Exploration / Urbex Forums.

Asylums and Hospitals, High Stuff, Industrial, Leisure Sites, Residential Sites, Military Sites, Mines and Quarries, ROC Posts, Theatres and Cinemas, Draining, Underground Sites, European and International Sites, Leads, Rumours and News, Kit, Clothing, Equipment, Photography and Video sections, plus Private & Local Groups and a lot more.

Please feel free to browse this website as a guest. However, creating an account allows you to search, post replies, start new threads, use bookmarking, live chat, messaging and notification systems. Also, it removes some ads.

Create an account | Login | Request new password

Report - Ceulan Mill, Wales - Aug '15

Moose

My name is Jeff
Regular User
We arrived here as part of our Welsh exploration roadtrip. I'm not big on derps, much preferring the tickle of sewage on my heels, the warm, un-interrupted, tranquil security that being underground gives.

If it requires stealthing past seccy or skillful framing of empty, peeling, graffiti-ridden hallways, i'd normally pass the offer up. But the village was holding a fayre, and we meandered our way past the milling tourists and down to Ceulan Mill. Really worth checking out, it's in a lot better condition than a lot of the other derps i've seen (not that i've seen any 'difficult' ones yet :p )

The mill was built in 1847, producing wool for the use of industrial clothing. Woolen spindles can still be seen, although slightly faded, sat on what appear to be some type of looming machine. I am no mechanical engineer but the cogs and belts provided a welcomed change in photo subject.

Cheers for looking!

IMG_3195-2.JPG

IMG_3198-3.JPG

IMG_3199-4.JPG

IMG_3201-5.JPG

IMG_3203-6.JPG

IMG_3205-7.JPG

IMG_3206-8.JPG

IMG_3207-9.JPG

IMG_3208-10.JPG

IMG_3210-11.JPG

IMG_3211-12.JPG