real time web analytics
Report - - Clarence High School - Formby - January 2023 | Other Sites | Page 2 | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Clarence High School - Formby - January 2023

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

MK83

Wife and husband
28DL Full Member
Apparently police are now involved & its pretty well sealed, that didnt take long :lol
That was quick! It's a pretty nice area surrounded by posh houses so I can't imagine them taking kindly to hordes of people repeatedly chanting like and subscribe.

Midnight

28DL Member
28DL Member
I went to this school from 2001-06.. I would be happy to answer any questions about what rooms were what etc.. It's a real shame to see it like this. We were really treated well for the most part, there were about 60 kids max at anytime in the whole school.. about 2 kids per staff member. I lived in the 'units' across the road also, in Scott Unit and Bennett Unit during my time there. It was a great school and I made some really good friends. The head teacher at the time was Donagh McKillop, a stern Irishman with an awesome sense of humour 😂

MK83

Wife and husband
28DL Full Member
I went to this school from 2001-06.. I would be happy to answer any questions about what rooms were what etc.. It's a real shame to see it like this. We were really treated well for the most part, there were about 60 kids max at anytime in the whole school.. about 2 kids per staff member. I lived in the 'units' across the road also, in Scott Unit and Bennett Unit during my time there. It was a great school and I made some really good friends. The head teacher at the time was Donagh McKillop, a stern Irishman with an awesome sense of humour 😂
Amazing to hear from people who attended this place. People seem to think it was a very positive place that actually helped kids. Makes you wonder why it's being shut down?

Midnight

28DL Member
28DL Member
Amazing to hear from people who attended this place. People seem to think it was a very positive place that actually helped kids. Makes you wonder why it's being shut down?
I think it was the constant lack of any real success from the school, anti-social behavior issues from the neighbors-it was in a really posh area.. Not long after I left it became solely a day school, the units kids stayed in were demolished, but I think the main reason was lack of students. Most of the time I was in class, we would number 5-10 at most, and usually more towards the former. But yeah, the school was really good, staff wise. The kids were a menace, some real horrible people went there when I attended but it's to be expected. There were never any reports of abuse, anything like that. The classes were science, maths, english, design tech/food tech, IT, PE, history and RE. Nothing major in the way of subjects. The football team however was really successful. We won basically every tournament we played in. Steven Gerrard lives at the end of the road also. As does John Parrott.
There was also the constant concern of fires. The school was located right next to a massive brushland separating the school from the train tracks, the golf course and RAF Woodvale and without exception, every week a student would decide to set fire to it and cause trains and planes to be cancelled etc.. Insane to think about now!

C&Aexplores

28DL Member
28DL Member
such a beautiful place, unfortunately we were unable to get in on this occasion as there was a very angry man as we stepped onto the grounds. filming us and accusing us of coming for the copper haha. If you do go be very wary of him.... we will try again soon hehe ðŸĪŠ

Midnight

28DL Member
28DL Member
If there are any more plans, I would love to tag along. It hurts my heart to see it in the condition it is in now but I feel I might add some context to the rooms and the history etc..
I found an old article about the football team, I know all the names on there.. it was a year after I left I think. Kevin Rutter was a baller lol.. best player I ever played with by far!

Last edited:

GRONK

Useful Idiot
Regular User
Just popped back for a look and it seems to have been slightly on fire. :(

FDC5F943-43F1-4F75-A76B-D2CBFC11254A.jpeg

37AF62E7-74CA-43E4-88F6-7ABD3F4DE6DA.jpeg

Last edited:

Midnight

28DL Member
28DL Member
Ahh that sucks.. It'll be fully torn down soon enough if people continue to cause damage.. won't be long before someone hurts themselves and the council will have to answer questions as to why it was so easily accessed so many times. It's a shame to see it like this. I have years of happy memories from the place though and based on what it was, that is pretty good considering.

Bazza74

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
The fire was literally last night. I passed by on Friday and there were two security guards with an Alsatian parading around outside, not doing a great job by the look at it.

Northwest_abandoned

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Nice find that is, like you say the condition isn't too bad at all.
i went with a friend after only a few month of it being abandoned and we stumbled onto it and the first doors we tried happened to be opened and it was perfect not a single bit of damage.whent back recently and half the building has been burnt down and everything has been smashed up.

Shadoway

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
i went with a friend after only a few month of it being abandoned and we stumbled onto it and the first doors we tried happened to be opened and it was perfect not a single bit of damage.whent back recently and half the building has been burnt down and everything has been smashed up.
It’s a shame about the damage and it’s well sealed now. There’s no visible cameras but the entrances are all boarded/screwed shut and there’s motion detector alarms inside.

Redrow have recently submitted plans to flatten it and cover it with houses so guess they don’t want people getting in anymore.

IMG_3707.jpeg

Who has read this thread (Total: 300) View details