real time web analytics
Report - - Combined local command center for civil defense and air defense (Sweden) | European and International Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Combined local command center for civil defense and air defense (Sweden)

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

benkar

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
In a medium sized town somewhere in Sweden, this space was built into a mountain, which has a beautiful entrance in concrete. This is an old combined local command center for civil defense, and air defense center.

I will not publish pictures of the entrance, in order to avoid unnecessary visits....

During World War II, they built this caverns as a shelter, but already during the war they built facilities for the local command center for civil defense and air defense center.

After World War II came the Cold War and the city continued to have the plant on standby though it was already very outdated.

In the 1970s the city built a new command center for civil defense, but even though the city had a new modern command center, this old rock cavern remains, even today, even though 40 years have passed :)

As you can see there has been some visits, but the plant is still in surprisingly good condition, almost as I would like to settle myself there...

You can see the entire gallery HERE

/B

05_IMG_2386.jpg

06_IMG_0915.jpg

08_IMG_2385.jpg

12_IMG_0981.jpg

18_IMG_0978.jpg

26_IMG_0958.jpg

28_IMG_0970.jpg

34_IMG_2361.jpg

35_IMG_2362.jpg

38_IMG_0943.jpg