real time web analytics
Report - - (Comparisons Report) St. Peters Seminary, Cardross, Scotland- September 2023 | Other Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - (Comparisons Report) St. Peters Seminary, Cardross, Scotland- September 2023

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Andrew32

See a sticker, remove a sticker
28DL Full Member
Yes, Its the one we've all seen before. I thought the same, until I came across a certain YouTube video showing an incredible amount of detail on all areas of the building. So as I like to do, I made comparison shots, and I thought it worked out well enough to make a whole report just on it.

History
(You know the drill on this place, but if you don't, here's the Wiki insert)

St. Peter's Seminary is a former Roman Catholic seminary near Cardross, Argyll and Bute, Scotland. Designed by the firm of Gillespie, Kidd & Coia, it has been described by the international architecture conservation organisation DOCOMOMO as a modern "building of world significance".[1] It is one of only 42 post-war buildings in Scotland to be listed at Category A, the highest level of protection for a building of "special architectural or historic interest".[2][3] It has been abandoned since 1987, and is currently in a ruinous state. In July 2020, the site was gifted to the Kilmahew Education Trust Ltd who plan to reinstate the educational elements of the Seminary Complex after a process of conservation and restoration.[4] The wider Kilmahew Estate is to be brought back to its former glory with new landscaping and features but is currently closed to the public due to safety concerns.

Explore
What a piss take this turned out to be. I was careful, making sure I parked far away, sneaking up using the drone for reconnaissance beforehand, only to get inside and have a damn family with 2 toddlers and 2 young teenagers just running about the place, despite all the broken glass and lethal drops. A few stern looks was already enough to send them on their way. What a great introduction to the Glaswegian locals.
Of course then as you'd presume, the front gates are wide open and there's no security at all. Presumably this is the fault of the new owners since 2020? I also couldn't get some shots of one of the outbuildings, as a group of teenagers set up shop in there, not leaving for the 2 hours I was there.
My drone photos also aren't perfect, I've only bought my FPV with me since I did the NC500, and the documentary screenshots are off my phone, not that it was HD quality anyway

On with the comparison photos, enjoy, I spent a lot of time and getting weird looks from scampering back and forth getting all these specific shots! Is also quite difficult navigating this place with so many people about, taking their own photos or wandering into yours!

main hall front.png

main hall (clear)#.png

main hall (obstructed).png

food hall.png

bottom stairs main.png

bottom stairs.png

middle stair.png

main hall left view.png

rear stacks.png

rear steps.png

rear roof.png

angle roof.png

ping pong room.png

lecture room.png

front small.png

library.png

front large.png

If I revisit, reckon I might remake the entire documentary shot for shot, could be interesting

Cheers all!

P.S admin, any chance of a slider type feature for comparison shots like these? Would be pretty sweet to be able to crossfade/overlap each image like I did when I edited these

Wastelandr

Goes where the Buddleia grows
Regular User
Very nice work, you've matched them up near perfectly and thats not an easy thing to do