real time web analytics
Report - - Cottam and Fiddlers Ferry Power Stations | UK Power Stations | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Cottam and Fiddlers Ferry Power Stations

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

m9

big in japan
Regular User
Another couple of peaks into another couple of the last of the UK coal fired gen-set. I've been sitting on these for ages cos I'm a paranoid loon and feel like a bit of a twat for not letting them out the bag as I'm guessing they'll be of high interest to the power fiends on here. Obviously still live ones - hence why I'm putting them up in here, and no control rooms, as they're all still full of staff. Not much to say about the outings themselves at this stage, I'll just fling up the pictures!

Cottam

A bit of a dark horse this one, defo didn't know what to expect but fuck me those turbos were unusual. Never seem such spikey looking customers in a UK hall.

cottam.jpg

cottam1.jpg

cottam2.jpg

cottam3.jpg

cottam4.jpg

Fiddlers Ferry
North West pin-up and a fantastic turbines. It's half-off these days but it's still busy enough down on the floor.

FF4.jpg

FF.jpg

FF1.jpg

FF2.jpg

FF3.jpg

Speed

Got Epic Slow?
Regular User
To be fair the control room at Cottam looks good even if the rest isn't.

Exploring with Andy

Behind Closed Doors
Staff member
Fucking awesome job and that last shot is a belter. Fiddlers Ferry can't have long left now, looking forward to that closing.

Exploring with Andy

Behind Closed Doors
Staff member
Somebody on Facebook was quite pleased to have taken this with security parked in shot. FB, please tell them to fuck off!
1547767657136.png

Ojay

Admin
Staff member
Admin
Yeah well doesn’t surprise me, a bunch of whoppers once rocked up at Grain back in the day on the main drive during the bloody daytime and wondered why security and police response lol.