real time web analytics
Report - - Coupe Foundry - Higher Walton, Preston - November 2022 | Industrial Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Coupe Foundry - Higher Walton, Preston - November 2022

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

MK83

Wife and husband
28DL Full Member
This place has been covered loads and there isn't much to it other than huge empty spaces but it's right on our doorstep so had to go and have a look round. We ended up finding it more enjoyable to photograph than expected so decided to post.

Coupe Foundry operated on this site for more than 100 years producing metal castings for car body parts, frames for machines, water pumps and parts for the wind energy sector. It was bought by Shakepeare foundries in 2014 but eventually went into liquidation in 2018. Interestingly if you walk down the road from the foundry you can find one of the original ladles from the foundry used for the movement of molten steel which has been turned into the centerpiece of a little garden.
As far as the explore goes this place is a very easy walk in and has been completely smashed to pieces and looted of metal. It's main redeeming feature is the light in the big open spaces.

Ladle from the foundry.
100.JPG

101.JPG

102.JPG

103.JPG

104.JPG

105.JPG

106.JPG

107.JPG

108.JPG

109.JPG

110.JPG

111.JPG

112.JPG

113.JPG

114.JPG

115.JPG

116.JPG

116a.JPG

117.JPG

118.JPG

119.JPG

120.JPG

121.JPG

122.JPG

123.JPG

124.JPG

125.JPG

126.JPG

127.JPG

128.JPG

Thanks for looking.

Nyrian

Banned
Banned
Nice report. Is it just me or does it feel weirder when you see a report on a place you've just been? (And especially frustrating if there's photos you don't recognise!)

Bikin Glynn

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Another frustration is when someone mentions a place, I look it up, get excited about adding it to my list, then see how far away it is ....

yep I do the same though Im getting used to the fact if something sparks my interest & I wonder why I havent made mental note of it already its usually miles away!

Bikin Glynn

28DL Regular User
Regular User

Who has read this thread (Total: 168) View details