real time web analytics
Cranebank BA Training Centre..Heathrow, May 2022 | Other Sites | Page 2 | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Cranebank BA Training Centre..Heathrow, May 2022

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

HomeAtLast

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
You have certainly done that and exactly as you say, these places do disappear over the years and without people like you, with the skills you have for exploration and photography, they will be gone forever.

I've been looking around old places for years but not to the depth that you have and have never put much thought into the photos I've taken. Reports like this are great for me to learn from and hopefully pick up some good pointers to improve.

Cheers Steve

Calamity Jane

i see beauty in the unloved, places & things
Regular User
That's a lot of mould & decay! Very nice to see this place so comprehensively covered. It looks huge. The blueprints are cool. I like the fact you narrated each section, a proper report this. Trashed but still plenty to nose at. Still interests me immensely. Did the simulator have a loo? I see plenty in the report, but that would be cool if the simulator had everything a 747 has in it:)

I always think; please someone save the tree :facecant help it

dansgas1000

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Wicked set Mikey, the pics/report was so comprehensive I feel like I've already been there haha. On a serious note though, would love to do this one as like you say it's something a bit different!

Mikeymutt🐶

28DL Regular User
Regular User
That's a lot of mould & decay! Very nice to see this place so comprehensively covered. It looks huge. The blueprints are cool. I like the fact you narrated each section, a proper report this. Trashed but still plenty to nose at. Still interests me immensely. Did the simulator have a loo? I see plenty in the report, but that would be cool if the simulator had everything a 747 has in it:)

I always think; please someone save the tree :facecant help it
Thank you Jane. Thought it would be easier to break it down. I came across so many toilets I stopped shooting them in the end ha ha. I can't remember if there was a toilet on the 747. I am sure there must have been as it had everything else.
You talking about the big plant in the foyer :)

Mikeymutt🐶

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Wicked set Mikey, the pics/report was so comprehensive I feel like I've already been there haha. On a serious note though, would love to do this one as like you say it's something a bit different!
Thank you mate. Yeah you should get there and have a look. Keep telling Jake to go ha ha

Calamity Jane

i see beauty in the unloved, places & things
Regular User
Thank you Jane. Thought it would be easier to break it down. I came across so many toilets I stopped shooting them in the end ha ha. I can't remember if there was a toilet on the 747. I am sure there must have been as it had everything else.
You talking about the big plant in the foyer :)
Yep that large plant, unless its fake of course :face I just love plants. Hate seeing them & instruments/books/photos left to rot

Webbs0710

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Don't think this is accessible currently, brand new palisade fencing behind the lovely holey section of fence :(

CLC

28DL Member
28DL Member
Don't think this is accessible currently, brand new palisade fencing behind the lovely holey section of fence :(
unfortunately i believe this may still be the case, as of my last visit in october-ish. the holey wire fence has since been patched up with palisade fencing and there is no free access. even the river that flows below the compound is fenced.

there were also two dogs and I believe four security staff in total - two in the security box by the road and two on regular patrols, with angry sounding dogs. in terms of the interior of the compound, every building appears to have had metal sheet bolted to each and every entrance route. each security member had a radio and I assumed that motion detectors had been installed interior as every so often they’d gather around a specific building.

the security were employed by BA Property Services rather than a generic 3rd party company.

it’s also worth noting that the rectangular silver-roofed building you can see at the south end of the compound appears to still be in use as a data center, so is a high-security location with many many cameras.

it’s a shame to see but then again I’d imagine that this is a pretty high value asset to BA - and although there are people like ourselves only out to take photos & capture memories, we must also remember that there are people out to cause damage to the property and / or loot. arsonists, scrappers etc.

I get the impression that although the site was left nearly empty and guarded by a single / pair of third party security staff in the past, frequent urbex explorers (likely inspired by the place going viral on TikTok) caused BA to rethink their strategy.

the last time I had a look around this place there was a simple mesh fence around the property, with numerous holes cut. we even met a nice homeless bloke who appeared to be living in the north building. this was in June 2022.

B5BA2299-AE45-40CA-B626-E1FADF100003.jpeg

hole in the fence found at the north of the compound, circa June 2022

CLC

28DL Member
28DL Member
^ if anybody does gain access to the site in the future, I'd really appreciate it if you could let me know in these comments. Would love to explore this place again!

teddy815

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I went two weeks ago.... It is like said above. So many camera. Brand new fences. And hole the entry of the building looks closed as well...

Sadly I was hoping to see this place badly

DanMoist

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I went two weeks ago.... It is like said above. So many camera. Brand new fences. And hole the entry of the building looks closed as well...

Sadly I was hoping to see this place badly
I went there a few months ago. Found that the palisade fence is a gate that moves so got in there. Found an open window along the side. Spent a few hours looking round including the big hangar.

Webbs0710

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I went there a few months ago. Found that the palisade fence is a gate that moves so got in there. Found an open window along the side. Spent a few hours looking round including the big hangar.
Curious, I may have to have another look when I'm over that way then. Any signs of Secca?

Who has read this thread (Total: 256) View details