real time web analytics
Report - - Dalton Pumping Station, Sunderland, 22/9/07 | Industrial Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Dalton Pumping Station, Sunderland, 22/9/07

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Brick_Man

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Taken me a few days to get pictures sorted (film scans got messed up, so nothing from the film cam is usable :mad:).
Following on from my complete failure of a night (dead party>dead pub>failure jesmond cinema>failure whitely bay dome>failure gateshead carpark>angel of the north>dalton success)

DSCF5487.jpg

sunrise in this building was pretty special, I was there about an hour earlier, so lay'd low until the light came up, and boy I'm glad I waited :)

DSCF5492.jpg

again, really hard to capture, but the low light/hi contrast added to the special'ness of it!

DSCF5496.jpg

DSCF5490.jpg

victorians needless attention to detail was prevalent throughout the building, excessive plasterwork, stonework, hand detailing on the machinary and structure, simply awesome!

DSCF5502.jpg

I love the rust on the chain. its pretty much the ONLY decay in th whole building!

DSCF5481.jpg

DSCF5479.jpg

DSCF5503.jpg

big bolt! its about 2ftx 18" :eek:

CNV00025.jpg

some from the film cam (this one and down), sorry for the vignetting, I put my sunshade on th wrong way round :rolleyes:

CNV00017.jpg

BIG link! and ceramic bushs? very fancy, and all looks like its hardly been used!

CNV00007.jpg

CNV00006.jpg

low pressure cylinder, its about 6-10feet across!! and about 1/2stories high!

DSCF5512.jpg

more needless attention to detail in the boiler house! beautiful (clean) stained glass with only a few pains been replaced with clear.

all in a fantastic explore, wish I could have stuck around longer but needed to get out before people were awake.

and for anyone that goes next time, look out for my mars bar! I dropped it somewhere in the lower floor I think!