real time web analytics
Report - - Delphi Diesel Systems/Lucas CAV, Sudbury, Suffolk - August 2023 | Industrial Sites | Page 2 | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Delphi Diesel Systems/Lucas CAV, Sudbury, Suffolk - August 2023

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

dansgas1000

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Was good to meet you mate, can't believe how long we spent there. It was a pretty memorable explore, not only because I'd finally encountered an explorer who takes as long if not longer with their shots that me :rofl. Jokes aside superbly shot, whilst we got a few similar angles you've also captured some other nice ones I didn't think of. Report wise it's a cracker, I know a lot of work went into it and it definitely makes for a nice update from Speed's original report which gave an insider's perspective. Also liked the original photo of the exterior which was a good find.

As Speed said, it's a surprise this place has stayed off the radar to the masses so far despite it being surprisingly easy. I can see it becoming a popular one in future. It does make you wonder if social media really does speed up the process of places going downhill fast, it seems like the local kids have clocked on but nobody else. Felt a bit like going back 10 years when huge places would just sit abandoned for a while without being sensationalised so much.

As for the boiler room, it is top notch with bits from different eras sitting as though people had just walked out. Those glass tube things are still a source of intrigue, does anyone know what they are?
You too mate. And yep I do like to take my time! Took a little longer than usual due to my tripod issues as well lol. Speed's report was excellent from the little snippets you showed me, and it's great to get a perspective from someone who worked there for a decent period of time. Yeah, I found that exterior pic from a post on FB, it was in an employee brochure. Yeah, it seems to be going downhill fast and will definitely get more popular, especially with kids as it already has been.
The glass tubes are just level gauges for checking the water level.
Interesting, quite simple then actually, we were both really intrigued by those glass tubes.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mikeymutt🐶

28DL Regular User
Regular User
The kids have had a smashing time in the social club between yours and ours visit.

IMG_6940.jpeg

Mikeymutt🐶

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Shame that, was a weird one seeing all those pristine cups and saucers sitting there. Wonder if the kids have just gone mental for the summer holidays
I know it’s a shame. I liked seeing pics of all that crockery just sitting there. The kids always smash these places up come holiday time..