real time web analytics
Report - - Denbigh Lunatic Asylum June 2015 | Asylums and Hospitals | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Denbigh Lunatic Asylum June 2015

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

CGGE

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
There must be hundreds of posts about Denbigh now, but I thought i'd share my experience :-)

Denbigh was the first Hospital of it's kind in Wales and according to my Nan who worked there briefly during her nurses training there was terrible abuse going on between doctors and patients, knowing this makes it all the more creepy. Closing fully in 2002 it has been left to deteriorate. New roofs and drainpipes dating to 2011 can be spotted around the building in an effort to keep the place standing, it's such a shame, each time I visit it gets worse.

Visited Denbigh in the afternoon/evening so it was still light, and lucky for us we didn't bump into Elwyn or anyone else who we shouldn't have seen. It's becoming an increasingly popular destination to visit, with seeing 2 separate groups of people when we were there, including some kids who were being very loud and breaking things, and two men who jumped out of a basement and scared me to death!! Then when we left we drove past a couple of groups of people heading towards it, it's only a matter of time before someone falls through the floor and badly hurts themselves or something.

The pictures I took are only from my iPhone as I forgot to bring my camera...this is the first time i've been in the day and there is certainly some very....interesting graffiti, I even walked past blood smeared on the wall with writing in it, gross.
IMG_8125.JPG

The morgue with only one body tray remaining...I don't know who would want those?
IMG_8097.JPG
IMG_8096.JPG
I am assuming this is where they would conduct post-mortems?
IMG_8101.JPG
IMG_8104.JPG
IMG_8107.JPG
IMG_8108.JPG
IMG_8110.JPG
IMG_8115.JPG
Safe looking roof
IMG_8116.JPG
IMG_8121.JPG

You can see here the new roof that has been put up. You can also see the very precariously balanced window and we also saw pieces of wood dangling vertically, god knows what was holding it up, just waiting to drop onto someone...
IMG_8114.JPG
This was probably the worst part of the building we went in, the roof has just completely caved in at the far end of this room
IMG_8123.JPG
I didn't go any further into this room, as stepping on the floorboards you could feel them giving underneath you it's all so rotten, the floor in here is terrible
IMG_8129.JPG
The remains of a wheelchair
IMG_8127.JPG

The nurses home
IMG_8134.JPG

We didn't really see anything of much interest in the nurses home, the creche area has been fire damaged, and probably wasn't too safe. Made our way up into the attic but there wasn't much there, the home is just endless bedrooms, it also started getting dark and my camera wasn't good enough to cope...

We also visited the chapel, which once inside is eerily well preserved, shame for the graffiti, and it's been given new flooring, there were also lots of bats in here!

Thanks for reading, this is all probably very boring as there are so many reports. But who knows how much longer the place is going to be standing before it turns into a death trap. I have no idea what they're going to do with it, but it seems like such a waste for the place to be left to fall into a state of disrepair.

catbalou

off the wall
Regular User
What does that mean?

wild shot in the dark here, but i would suggest its probably something on the lines of: -
derp = short for "derelict place"
tastic = shortened form of "fantastic"
bring the two words together and you got "derptastic"

variation on same theme...."derpalicious" (derp + delicious)
:D

CGGE

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
wild shot in the dark here, but i would suggest its probably something on the lines of: -
derp = short for "derelict place"
tastic = shortened form of "fantastic"
bring the two words together and you got "derptastic"

variation on same theme...."derpalicious" (derp + delicious)
:D
Thanks for the help haha, loving the variation ;) Wasn't sure if he was being sarcastic or not, who knows...

catbalou

off the wall
Regular User
Thanks for the help haha, loving the variation ;) Wasn't sure if he was being sarcastic or not, who knows...
lol, he may have been, its all good banter, but main thing is you had a fun time there and nice photos too :thumb

coolboyslim

Mr Reality Hacker
28DL Full Member
Could be used many ways but I used it to mean a shell of its former place or in camelot style a tourist trap. But it's all fun banter. I did this year's back and was preaty nice back then. Anyhow nice to see the old girl lol. Oh yea thx for post and pics

Bigian88

The Massive Mancunian
28DL Full Member
I hope you wore masks in there, some of the buildings (specifically the one you appear to be entering with others in the photo) is full of asbestos, more so i nthe basement.

Dangle_Angle

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Nice pics. Every time I see the morgue on reports I want to lift the bloody pm table back on the stand!
Next time you see a report on this place it WILL be back on! Hahaha

Love the write up :thumb

Dangle_Angle

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Long gone and has been for quite some time.

The stand and the fridge door make for a makeshift one nowadays
Oh ok. I'll fashion something out of the remains. Is it the single storey building as you leave the chapel and go down the set of steps?

Who has read this thread (Total: 3) View details