real time web analytics
Report - - Denbigh Mental (North Wales Hospital) April 2015 | Asylums and Hospitals | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Denbigh Mental (North Wales Hospital) April 2015

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

woopashoopaa

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
This report has already been up once but all of the pictures disappeared and it seemed quit a few people liked this report so I thought I would re-post this up again hope you like.Visited Denbigh Mental early one morning myself Lavino and some other non-members. Spent a good few hours there exploring various parts of the hospital and nurses quarters. We covered almost all of the area but when we where in the main hospital the visit was cut short before we could visit the canteen because we saw Elwyn coming through the main gates and parked outside to give the dogs a walk so we had to lay low for a couple of minutes till he drove off. Then we made our exit with out him seeing us. Here is a bit of history of the place and some pics of my visit hope you enjoy.

The North Wales Hospital’s records are held by Denbighshire Archives Service. The collection is one of the most comprehensive examples of asylum records in the country. The hospital was known by various names during its existence- The North Wales Lunatic Asylum, The North Wales Counties Lunatic Asylum, The North Wales Counties Mental Hospital and The North Wales Mental Hospital.

The collection includes administrative records such as minutes and annual reports plus a fantastic collection patient records, from 1848 when the hospital opened and until the establishment of the NHS in 1948, and which have been used to research the care and treatment of patients and attitudes to mental illness.

Included in the patient records are a large number of reception orders which are bundled in chronological sequence. Reception orders provide evidence that the patient was ‘certified insane’ and include details of the patient’s behaviour prior to admission. Certification required the signature of two magistrates and the medical opinion of an approved doctor.

denbigh%20dylan%20029_zpsettss8an.jpg

denbigh%20dylan%20005_zps8lk3v7lr.jpg

denbigh%20dylan%20026_zpsrwim1lyg.jpg

denbigh%20dylan%20025_zpsbcwsfvtw.jpg

denbigh%20dylan%20030_zpst5crzmcq.jpg

denbigh%20dylan%20006_zpsi3zs6qsq.jpg

denbigh%20dylan%20010_zpscwqvaas1.jpg

denbigh%20dylan%20013_zpsmtjuuqbt.jpg

denbigh%20dylan%20012_zpsvnvyesx3.jpg

denbigh%20dylan%20007_zpslznmbuls.jpg

denbigh%20dylan%20024_zpscss3lxe3.jpg

denbigh%20dylan%20028_zpscynos9ga.jpg

denbigh%20dylan%20017_zpssvv7s4iw.jpg

denbigh%20dylan%20034_zpslyas7k4q.jpg

denbigh%20dylan%20035_zpsewnxt7ow.jpg

amber

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Hi I went there yesterday been many times before and heard story's about the care taker and finally had the pleasure of him not really he is a horrible man the rumours are true he tryed to set his German shepherd dog on me it had a paw on each of my shoulders the man was really abuseif don't know if this. Is because I am a woman

woopashoopaa

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Yeah I have seen him on videos you should have got your phone or camera out and pretended to video him so he can't do anything. Also when whent he didn't have a German Shepard maybe he has only recently got it because he only had 3 little dogs.

amber

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I know should of really I taken piks of were the dog marked me an the police are going to see him the police cant do Anything about trespassing it's a civil matter

tumbles

Drama Queen
Staff member
I really cannot wait for the CPO to finally go through and that cunt be barred from going anywhere near the place. Setting his dog on a women.. again... such a brave little fucker isn't he?

woopashoopaa

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Yes people should start ringing the police, but I would have thought he would have been reported plenty of times by now

Oxygen Thief

Admin
Staff member
Admin
Grow a pair of balls.

Murderers and paedos aren't bad people, it's just the way they were brought up. No need to send them to prison.

How do you suggest you stop a dog attacking you? Come on, I'm all ears, waiting for your expertise in this matter.

joshthered

28DL Member
28DL Member
The asylum near manchester (flats now) had a similar guy. Set two dogs on my friend and i. We got away by karabinering a hole in a fence behind us. Its all part of the dance i think. Great post, great shots. High on my to do list.

kingryu

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Sounds like a thoroughly lovable fella.

When I (eventually) make it up here will make sure that I bring a bag of sausages :D