real time web analytics
Report - - Denton Water Treatment Plant, Manchester 05/24 | Industrial Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Denton Water Treatment Plant, Manchester 05/24

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

bignickb

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
It has been closed for many years and sits idle while nature takes over.

I couldn't find much info on it but for a short paragraph stating that it could become a Solar Panel location!

After a few scratches and some ducking to avoid being seen - these are the results!

100_0249b.jpg

100_0257b.jpg

100_0262b.jpg

100_0258b.jpg

100_0264b.jpg

_DSC1181b.jpg

_DSC1184b.jpg

_DSC1190b.jpg

_DSC1188b.jpg

_DSC1194b.jpg

_DSC1178b.jpg

_DSC1177b.jpg

_DSC1151b.jpg

_DSC1174b.jpg

_DSC1156b.jpg

TalkingMask

Professional Twat
28DL Full Member
It has been closed for many years and sits idle while nature takes over.

I couldn't find much info on it but for a short paragraph stating that it could become a Solar Panel location!

After a few scratches and some ducking to avoid being seen - these are the results!

100_0249b.jpg

100_0257b.jpg

100_0262b.jpg

100_0258b.jpg

100_0264b.jpg

_DSC1181b.jpg

_DSC1184b.jpg

_DSC1190b.jpg

_DSC1188b.jpg

_DSC1194b.jpg

_DSC1178b.jpg

_DSC1177b.jpg

_DSC1151b.jpg

_DSC1174b.jpg

_DSC1156b.jpg
Happy to see someone else has done this one, it’s a lovely little site isn’t it?

It’s probably much nicer in this weather compared to my winter visit, love the photos you’ve got compared to mine glad it was done justice

bignickb

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Happy to see someone else has done this one, it’s a lovely little site isn’t it?

It’s probably much nicer in this weather compared to my winter visit, love the photos you’ve got compared to mine glad it was done justice
Thanks for your kind words.I first came here in 2010! It was a random find in Google Earth. It hasn't changed a great deal but for the foliage.

TalkingMask

Professional Twat
28DL Full Member
Thanks for your kind words.I first came here in 2010! It was a random find in Google Earth. It hasn't changed a great deal but for the foliage.
Google earth was exactly how I found it to, to be honest I’m surprised it’s not completely ruined or more popular considering it’s right in between Denton and Brinny and access is fairly easy

I have a hunch that somethings there might still work, every time I see a photo of the place and on my visit, the little runner crane inside the switch room seems to be in a new place, would’ve checked it out if it isn’t locked

pastybap

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Google earth was exactly how I found it to, to be honest I’m surprised it’s not completely ruined or more popular considering it’s right in between Denton and Brinny and access is fairly easy

I have a hunch that somethings there might still work, every time I see a photo of the place and on my visit, the little runner crane inside the switch room seems to be in a new place, would’ve checked it out if it isn’t locked

I think that can be quite common with these sites. I know that at the old sewage farm south of Ringley, part of it is seemingly active, and the whole site is secured, if rather neglected. From looking at google earth, it seems similar with the old works at Drinkwater Park in Prestwich, there is some big pumping station or scaled down treatment plant they need access to.

mingerocket

28DL Regular User
Regular User
I was here a few months ago. Seems that like with many treatment plants they have installed new equipment further along the site and decommissioned the out of date stuff.

TalkingMask

Professional Twat
28DL Full Member
I was here a few months ago. Seems that like with many treatment plants they have installed new equipment further along the site and decommissioned the out of date stuff.
I heard from a friend of mine that part of the site further up is used for prisoner rehabilitation but I’m not so sure about this, but I do know the site has been half abandoned for years if you have a look at FreshFinger’s report
Mind the skin though

pastybap

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
You would think they could either scrap/throw the old unused bits and make the disused bit green again, but given they own the land, they probably would not want people trespassing and would prove costly to do so, so it getś left to rust. I did read something about planning permission for a solar plant for the active part of the site, only thing I can find on google about it.