real time web analytics
Report - - Devonport Public Shelter, Plymouth 1/3/09 | Military Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Devonport Public Shelter, Plymouth 1/3/09

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Kernow Expeditionary Force

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Bit or a major find this one, Devonport park lies a stones throw away from the countries most significant wartime dockyard (Devonport) Plymouth city council believed until recently there where two known shelters beneath the park, however to my knowledge id located either 2 or 3 (no access) and two where outstanding.....

many hours where spent looking, and i believed they where long gone....although i knew where they were meant to be...... roll foward almost a year and workmen believed theyd uncovered a shelter (latefeb 09')

A couple reccys later, a plan was made, scotty had a bit of car trouble and for a second the plan was going down the pan....but we nursed it along and with no messing we were stood deep undergound instantly transported back to WW2

visited with sarah, scotty, underworld, and sadly we had a man down at the last moment (spikey) but he played a huge part so thanks again buddy!

Ive been quiet on the urbex front for a while so hopefully this one will get me back on track....its a good one,

enjoy!

barbedwireMedium.jpg

war time style barbed wire

bottlesMedium.jpg

bottles complete with stoppers

eleboxesMedium.jpg

original fuseboxes

groupMedium.jpg

groupshot

IMG_6997Medium.jpg

IMG_7004Medium.jpg

IMG_7016Medium.jpg

navalpersonalMedium.jpg

evidence forces sheltered here

navalpersonal2Medium.jpg

nosmokingshelterMedium.jpg

popeyeMedium.jpg

popeye

rulesMedium.jpg

just about make out "city of plymouth -PUBLIC SHELTER RULES"

smokingstrictproMedium.jpg

SMOKING STRICTLY PROHIBITED - classic wartime poster

really enjoyed this one - shelter is in great condition, hopefully itll be opened to public/or resealed and not destroyed....

maybe the "two" missing shelters were really just one spilt in two halfs (public and forces) but just maybe theres one outstanding.........

Scotty

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Well done kernow.
really enjoyed this site and hope to find the others soon as well. :)

Bloody car is doing my head in. another day off work because of it. o well.

on with my pics.

P003.jpg

P006.jpg

P008.jpg

P009.jpg

P015.jpg

P016.jpg

Roll on the next one :D