real time web analytics
Report - - Dinting Engine Shed, Glossop - November 2022 | Other Sites | Page 2 | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Dinting Engine Shed, Glossop - November 2022

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

westernsultan

Banned
Banned
For completeness some information about the miniature railway seen in the video.
The Buxton Model Engineering Society was formed on June 24th 1946 by Messers R Hattersley, E Morton, W Randell, H Townley, W Dixon and L Hobday.
In 1976, the society built a miniature railway at the Dinting railway centre Glossop. This ran for many years giving rides to the public until the closure of the railway centre in 1990. The miniature railway was dismantled and stored but unfortunately a suitable location was not found and the railway was sold on.

Webbs0710

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Nicely captured! I was here on the weekend, it's a lovely little spot! I managed the station, it's definitely worth a look as well, although don't think I did it justice, as I was rushing to keep the daylight to send the drone over Chatterley Whitfield :lol

dansgas1000

28DL Regular User
Regular User
For completeness some information about the miniature railway seen in the video.
The Buxton Model Engineering Society was formed on June 24th 1946 by Messers R Hattersley, E Morton, W Randell, H Townley, W Dixon and L Hobday.
In 1976, the society built a miniature railway at the Dinting railway centre Glossop. This ran for many years giving rides to the public until the closure of the railway centre in 1990. The miniature railway was dismantled and stored but unfortunately a suitable location was not found and the railway was sold on.
It's amazing how much detail you can pull from this place and the societies relating to it. I appreciate the details.

I like that a lot mate and would visit it myself. It's very photogenic.
Thanks mate, it's definitely worth a look if you're up that way.

Nicely captured! I was here on the weekend, it's a lovely little spot! I managed the station, it's definitely worth a look as well, although don't think I did it justice, as I was rushing to keep the daylight to send the drone over Chatterley Whitfield :lol
Thanks, yeah I will hopefully do the station next time. Chatterley is lovely, hope you got some good footage there.

dansgas1000

28DL Regular User
Regular User
I was back in the area last weekend and had some time to check out the other bits I missed including the old train station, outbuildings and what I assume is the old station platform. The old station, although falling to bits, had some nice features remaining and had some really nice decay and peel on the walls etc.

IMG_0871-HDR.jpg

IMG_0889-HDR.jpg

IMG_0876-HDR.jpg

IMG_0895-HDR.jpg

IMG_0913-HDR.jpg

IMG_0843-HDR.jpg

IMG_0834-HDR.jpg

Who has read this thread (Total: 320) View details