real time web analytics
Report - - Dock Feeder Canal culvert, Cardiff, July 2018 | UK Draining Forum | Page 2 | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Dock Feeder Canal culvert, Cardiff, July 2018

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

tarkovsky

SWC
Regular User
Nice map! So, from that I reckon the first stone tunnel is the bit that goes under park place. The newer dual concrete and everything up to pic 9 accounts for the section that runs round the corner. Then the covered bit on your old map would probs be the stone tunnel in pics 10, 11 and 12, then turning into concrete from here to the rest @cunningcorgi

ztw

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
looks great!

in a similar vein - i've been looking for the 13th century friary tunnel nearby that was shown in hidden cardiff for the last couple of weeks. i've got it narrowed down to a street and i know there's a distinctive green fence just to the right of the tunnel, but there are three of those fences along the side of the dock feeder in the area i believe it's in and it's tricky to get down there with staff smoking out the back and i managed to stupidly set off an alarm (wasn't activated the evening before so i'm pretty sure the alarm is only set on weekends to discourage drunks).

has anyone had any success with finding it? drop me a private message if you want any clearer info just don't want to advertise it's location online until i've actually found it and had a look around.

tarkovsky

SWC
Regular User
@ztw Hope you find it. I’d narrowed down the location a bit on a map before I went but realised I didn’t have much time and never ended up looking properly for it. Although if the smoking staff is any indication I was also v close to where you’re talking about!

Baggy trousers

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Great post that man! Not seen much from around Cardiff on here.
Better go prepared with some waders next time tho :)
Enjoyed that one.

BigTom

28DL Member
28DL Member
This has just been opened in the centre.

0_014Churchill_Way_canal_JPG.jpg

jezzyboo

28DL Regular User
Regular User
only just picked this up , brill report and pics :thumb a dinghy or a canoe would have no doubt helped not so easy to pack them in a back pack i guess 😆

Who has read this thread (Total: 174) View details