real time web analytics
Report - - Earls Court Exhibition Centre, London - April 2015 | Noteworthy Reports | Page 2 | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Earls Court Exhibition Centre, London - April 2015

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

GRONK

Useful Idiot
Regular User
I didn't even know it had closed.

Suppose I should pay more attention to the news.

raisinwing

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Thought some of you may be interested in some photos that I have in an old edition Faber and Kell's I have.

Overview of the arena area, also showing the jet nozzles which are blue in photo 3.
IMG_3041.jpg

Making a bit of an assumption but I would think that these cylinders are the other end of what you've got in photo 10. Potentially they were disused and replaced with the more modern looking one's in 15/16.
IMG_3039.jpg

Some other photos of electrode boilers (I'd doubt that these are still there) and some schematics.
IMG_3038.jpg

IMG_3040.jpg

I'm not entirely sure of what is shown in photo's 15 and 16, the book I have mentions a series of Lancashire boilers, however I'm almost certain that these would of been removed and replaced with more modern equipment. They could be new thermal storage cylinders, but I'm not entirely sure.

The_Raw

Staff member
Pretty interesting stuff that @raisinwing.... there were 7 of those thermal cylinders as shown in the photo, four of them were really old looking and rusty like this one.....

17298933581_91ac25b17e_c.jpg

The other three were modern shiny ones as shown in my report, they were all pretty long and difficult to capture in a photo because of the wall in the way. As for the electrode boilers, I don't recall seeing those so perhaps they were removed, it looks like the room with the control panel. Cheers for posting those images up :thumb

G.T

28DL Member
28DL Member
Wow, good work. I remembered reading that the cards were marked but I'd kinda forgotten!
Attended many shows/conferences there, feels like only yesterday.

Who has read this thread (Total: 808) View details