real time web analytics
Report - - Earls Court Exhibition Centre, London - April 2015 | Noteworthy Reports | Page 5 | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Earls Court Exhibition Centre, London - April 2015

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

crazyjonhere

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Sad to see this been to a few Royal Tournaments here back in the 70's n 80's and PLAZA in 2010 even smoked a joint in the place when they had the last ever Royal Tournament in there back in the 90's that was interesting as the place was full of all sorts of officials that day lol

NoirLune

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I just cried a bit. I went to an awesome gig here back in 1992... When I was young. :(

Maniac

rebmeM LD82
Regular User
@thenortherncorrespondent - thanks for the info there, it fits with what I've read about the place. I can easily believe the stories about the number of accidents there from riggers, the gantries in the roof space were not that great and I can easily imagine people clambering about tying things off to the roof structure and slipping to an untimely death. There were wire stops through some of the roof beams to hang stuff from, and you did have to ask yourself how the hell they actually got there!

Trussmonkey

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
We climbed to wherever we needed to put the steels. Sometimes a bit sketchy. There was only one fatality out of the main roof and one out of the smaller Brompton hall roof. I know this as i was one of the riggers there for years. Sad to see it go.

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Brings back memories - my first ever gig was seeing Metallica here in 2003, we got there late-ish, went to bar and t-shirt stall, and then wandered in and somehow ended up easily at the barrier, even caught a guitar pic from Kirk. Shame this place is done now.

Rohan

28DL Member
28DL Member
Dam I went there two weeks ago its great and went today and got caught haha. Watch out from entering from the back, message me for info how to get in.

Yorrick

A fellow of infinite jest
28DL Full Member
Didn’t know there was a building site forum

Really? Well, on 28 there’s a massive space where dicks post repeated photos of the same locations that they think are cool, and then there’s a tiny space, some of which you can’t see, for the dedicated few like this guy who will, on a weekly basis, post photos of places you, me and 99.9% of members will never even consider possible, never mind having the balls to visit in person. This is what exploring is, not another "Don't do this place. Security are all over it"

Who has read this thread (Total: 765) View details