real time web analytics
Report - - East Fortune Hospital, East Lothian - Oct 2014 | Asylums and Hospitals | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - East Fortune Hospital, East Lothian - Oct 2014

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

flanka

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
So this is my first report... here goes!

East Fortune originally opened as a tuberculosis sanatorium in 1922 with 210 beds for men and women and special wards for children. The site had first been developed as a naval air station during WW1 , and during peace time it was adopted for Sanatorium use. During WW2 the Sanatorium was taken over by the RAF as an airfield. In the post-war years the hospital was re-purposed as a psychiatric facility, East Fortune hospital closed in 1997 and has been derelict ever since.

East Fortune is typical of early 20th century hospitals with a main “streetâ€￾ lined with single storey wards and other buildings. The ward buildings are fronted with open air verandas, as “fresh airâ€￾ treatment for TB was very much in vogue. Having been closed for almost 2 decades the place has obviously been visited quite a lot and decay has set in well, although the buildings all seemed structurally sound.

So on with the photos, a few external shots
DSCN0224_zps364a4158.jpg

The veranda running the length of the ward buildings
DSCN0279_zpsdc55c75a.jpg

Helpful warning sign
DSCN0239_zpsa0425490.jpg

There were lots of typed out warning notes about the place concerning asbestos .. "If you are here to see ghosts you have been scammed!"
DSCN0225_zps907632fc.jpg

Inside one of the main buildings, a recreation room I suspect.
DSCN0250_zps778f17ac.jpg

DSCN0249_zps3162394e.jpg

DSCN0248_zps9e6af6cc.jpg

And on our way out, a nice helpful warning that we will be eaten
DSCN0307_zps59d43d91.jpg

The_Raw

Staff member
That 'Keep off agile poof' sign had me in stitches, cool first report mate :thumb

dave

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Yes it has to be said not bad at all that for a first report. I assume you went into the boiler house one of the best bits for me. Nice to see this again its a while since ive seen anything from here.

flanka

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Yes it has to be said not bad at all that for a first report. I assume you went into the boiler house one of the best bits for me. Nice to see this again its a while since ive seen anything from here.

Nope must have missed that, dammit!