real time web analytics
Report - - Eggborough control room stealth mission - During Demolition - June 2022 | UK Power Stations | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Eggborough control room stealth mission - During Demolition - June 2022

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

S U B T E R

S U B T E R
28DL Full Member
An old but gold one and was certainly a fun stealth mission haha. I arrived at the site on a dull grey Monday morning, hopped the gate and the games began! Working my way through where the 8 cooling towers once stood, there were 3 workers on cherry pickers drilling into the chimney to my left (presumably to put charges in to bring it down in the near future) and across the other side of the site 2 workers in diggers breaking down the remaining cooling towers. Weighing up my options there was no way I would make it around the building in front of me without being spotted so I made a mad dash for it hoping the workers in the diggers wouldn't see me.

I made it into the building and was immediately confronted by my next obstacle. I needed to cross the road to get into the belly of where the turbine hall once stood, which was now a wreckage, but there were two workmen in diggers breaking it down. I noticed the diggers would turn for about 5 seconds to drop plastics to the other side of the road so I used this to my advantage and as soon as both digger cabs was turned around at the same time I made a mad dash for the wreckage. Made it haha Pfff. I navigated the wreckage and found the entrance to the control room.

On my way out I managed to capture some pictures of the wreckage, as the diggers had then left presumably for dinner, so enjoy the images and thanks for the read :)

DSC02599.jpg

Screenshot_20220615-150056_Gallery.jpg

DSC02620.jpg

DSC02624.jpg

Screenshot_20220615-151358_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20220615-150018_Gallery.jpg

DSC03233.jpg

DSC02789.jpg

DSC02843.jpg

DSC02692.jpg

DSC02645.jpg

DSC02651.jpg

DSC02746.jpg

DSC02728.jpg

DSC02705.jpg

DSC02747.jpg

DSC02714.jpg

DSC02708.jpg

DSC02685.jpg

DSC02792.jpg

DSC02809.jpg

KPUrban_

Surprisingly Unsurprising
Regular User
They're certainly munching through that with some pace. Yet, I still find it strange that control room is still in one peice and hasn't even been emptied out.

S U B T E R

S U B T E R
28DL Full Member
They're certainly munching through that with some pace. Yet, I still find it strange that control room is still in one peice and hasn't even been emptied out.
I believe the police/army could have been using if for training as there's a fair few blank NATO rounds on the numerous floors of the control building.

But yes that full building is basically a big super computer it seems funny they haven't stripped it all out.

SpiderMonkey

BrushMonkey
Staff member

I've seen it at quite a few stations where the control/admin block is the last to go. They did the same with Kingsnorth.

The_Raw

Staff member
Sounds like a fun mission and glad you got to see some control panels. Your reports need a date in the title so what month did you visit please? I'll update it for you. Need the same for your Fiddlers report as well

S U B T E R

S U B T E R
28DL Full Member
Sounds like a fun mission and glad you got to see some control panels. Your reports need a date in the title so what month did you visit please? I'll update it for you. Need the same for your Fiddlers report as well
Sorry mate just seen this PM'd you bud

ckycky

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I had a wander onto this site I guess around mid-2022 on my way back from somewhere. Wish i'd done more exploring.

There was a already cut hole in the fence to get in easily! haha

S U B T E R

S U B T E R
28DL Full Member
I had a wander onto this site I guess around mid-2022 on my way back from somewhere. Wish i'd done more exploring.

There was a already cut hole in the fence to get in easily! haha
There was a gate at the end of the fence line that only needed abit of...'light encouragement' shall we say and you was in.

Fun explore the full control room building is interesting. The work shop was cool had the computer back up tapes for each unit in a fire proof box...was a jet engine in there was well if I recall correctly.😅😂

ckycky

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Sounds awesome. I scoped this place out a few times whilst it was closed. Could have gone in when it was all 100% complete. Just never got around to it. Bloody hell.

Not sure what the state of it is now, I drive past from time to time and looks like there's been a lot of site clearing.
I think there's still some buildings standing but not sure if they're in use or anything.

S U B T E R

S U B T E R
28DL Full Member
Sounds awesome. I scoped this place out a few times whilst it was closed. Could have gone in when it was all 100% complete. Just never got around to it. Bloody hell.

Not sure what the state of it is now, I drive past from time to time and looks like there's been a lot of site clearing.
I think there's still some buildings standing but not sure if they're in use or anything.
Nearly all gone now as I understand. There's still an active building next to the site still connected to the grid I've been told.

Who has read this thread (Total: 255) View details