real time web analytics
Report - - Etton Pasture special school - E yorks - May09 | Other Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Etton Pasture special school - E yorks - May09

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Bugsuperstar

Irresponsible & Reckless
Regular User
Opened in 1952 as a boarding special school, later children with moderate learning difficulties. The school was closed in 1990 and the site became South Wolds School for children with emotional and behavioural difficulties. The site has been wrecked a little but still many gems remain.There are full school facilitys eg. sports hall, gym, library, pottery, science labs, tennis courts, sports field, all set in huge grounds. supposedly an outdoor swimming pool too but all we could find that resembled a pool had been reclaimed by brambles long ago :eek:! Inside is like a maze, in the dorms every room has the remnants of a child that lived there, even whiteboards still have to-do lists on. here are some pics....

1) main entrance

GQeX91R.jpg

2) courtyard

aLlL2Ah.jpg

3) corridor to common room

yZrmXNA.jpg

4) pool anyone?

4FLQ0wA.jpg

5) artwork

sDQEGnw.jpg

bNxsAQI.jpg

ye6waF7.jpg

7) handprints

R1MnwQy.jpg

9) science labs

1yfV08J.jpg

aqy9Tuw.jpg

mhVElBj.jpg

12) gym

jtb0x8C.jpg

13) kiln

ykca6tK.jpg

15) laundry

IR3y56J.jpg

great explore, thanks for looking :thumb bug.​

Last edited:

Kaiden Stone

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Wow this brings back some interesting memories. I am ex pupil of this school I attended from 1983 - 1987. I was aware that it had closed some years after I had left and then re opened as a school for young kids with behavioral issues. It was pretty bad when I was there, and I was a boarding school attendee part time as well.

Bugsuperstar

Irresponsible & Reckless
Regular User
Wow this brings back some interesting memories. I am ex pupil of this school I attended from 1983 - 1987. I was aware that it had closed some years after I had left and then re opened as a school for young kids with behavioral issues. It was pretty bad when I was there, and I was a boarding school attendee part time as well.

It was an interesting little place to have a look around. Loads of personal bits just left behind.

It's long gone now, demolished a couple of years back.

Kaiden Stone

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
It was an interesting little place to have a look around. Loads of personal bits just left behind.

It's long gone now, demolished a couple of years back.

Really o shit that's a shame mate, I guess you guys get around, I would love to come on a bit of an exploration with you some time, as a photographer I like capturing images of unusual places.