real time web analytics
Ever met a freindly security guard? | General Exploring Chat Forum | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Ever met a freindly security guard?

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Rainey

Hilariously under-equipped since 1999.
28DL Full Member
So... This hobby obviously comes with it's security encounters, because these abandoned places aren't going to guard themselves. Most guards will chase us off the site or get the police on us, but some occasionally realise that we aren't there to smash up or set fire to the sites they're guarding and can be a little more friendly. It's rare, but it does happen.

I've only had one encounter that you could class as friendly, I was exploring the Greyhound Stadium in Portsmouth before it got demolished, I'd got through the gate and was just looking around, but a security guard in high-vis walked in on me and told me to leave, I explained to him that I was just there to look around and wasn't there to vandalise the place, he told me "I shouldn't do this, but since you seem alright, I'll give you 15 minutes to look around, then you'll have to leave". I kept an eye on my watch and left after 15 minutes as he asked, which was probably the best thing as he was stood by the only way in and out of the place. I wasn't expecting him to give me that kind of leeway.

That's the only friendly-ish security encounter I've had. So... If you've ever had one, I ask. What was it?

- Rainey

Els

Obsessed with BS7671
Regular User
I've only met rights job worth's cunts. The last wanker I met took photo's of me. Generally speaking the Police have been friendlier (as in more professional) to me in the past.

urblex

28DL Maverick
28DL Full Member
Have had both, first time I got caught was by some angry European guy going absolutely mental who tried telling me that if he called the police I could end up doing 6 months for trespass, funnily enough he didn't call the police :wanker

The guy who caught me in st Joseph's seminary was well sound, walked us off the premises and asked " how did you get in? Don't worry it won't get sealed up". On a later visit found out it hadn't been sealed as well, which was nice

Boba Low

SWC ___/
28DL Full Member
Demps and I got pinged by a hivis and his massive Alsatian once, we managed to stay incognito til we were on top of the fence, but had to walk past him in full view on the other side of the fence in order to leave. He was shouting off a fair bit so we stopped to politely reassure him we were just powerplant geeks. After a brief exchange he sat down and lit a fag and became a lot friendlier. Ended up climbing back over the fence and chilling with him in his van, drinking his j2o stash, smoking his fags and playing with the dog. Utter softies the pair of them.

host

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Got caught at Lincoln asylum, security were sound and made us a coffee had a long chat and opened up the offices for us too...

Rainey

Hilariously under-equipped since 1999.
28DL Full Member
Its not rare. A lot if not most guards are quite friendly.
I guess Portsmouth happened to get the worst ones. All my other encounters have been with guards who need Anger Management courses...

The police often aren't that bad down here though.

Speed

Got Epic?
Regular User
Depends a bit on how you act, what you look like and if it's a tour derp hot spot.

Andrew32

See a sticker, remove a sticker
28DL Full Member
near brighton i was on my way to explore an old care home, turns out 3 weeks prior security guards were hired due to kids trashing the place so much. The security woman was so kind, didn't shout when she first saw me and we had a kind conversation about the place. She said she would let me through to have a look, but the guard dog would have gone mad if i was let past, let alone confuse it. Annoyed and scared me too, considering that was technically my first ever urbex explore (or a fail in that case).

paulpowers

Massive Member
Regular User
Most are sound but there are a few cocks out there

When the see the camera they usually mellow out

Taliesin Bourne

Specsy
28DL Full Member
near brighton i was on my way to explore an old care home, turns out 3 weeks prior security guards were hired due to kids trashing the place so much. The security woman was so kind, didn't shout when she first saw me and we had a kind conversation about the place. She said she would let me through to have a look, but the guard dog would have gone mad if i was let past, let alone confuse it. Annoyed and scared me too, considering that was technically my first ever urbex explore (or a fail in that case).

was this the one in Eastbourne?

mattdonut

Like and subscribe
28DL Full Member
yeah loads most are sound, best and funniest was the comedy duo in Corah !
tried to take our picture, and had glow in the dark shoe laces !!