real time web analytics
Report - - Fireclay & Coal mine, West Yorkshire - January 2012 | Mines and Quarries | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Fireclay & Coal mine, West Yorkshire - January 2012

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

WB

28DL Wood Burner
28DL Full Member
This is a blast from the past for me, I orginally went here way back in 2008 as I was camping with some friends in the nearby woods and one of them mentioned mine workings... I was straight down there with a torch to check it out.

This was in the days before I had even heard of Urban Exploration and I didn't have my camera with me so didn't think to try and capture it....

Fastforward 3 and a half years and I was to make my return trip, seeing as my local friend had told me it had collapsed I wasn't hopeful but thought i'd check it out anyway.

I can't find any information on this place on the net, and theres only one other report that i'm aware of from 2010 on another forum.

It was obviously used to supply clay & coal for the nearby pipe factory (which is still in use) but the workings are long since disused.

Anyway, enough shite. On with the pics.

The first thing you encounter after 'getting in'
IMG_4724.jpg

Looking back towards the entrance
IMG_4723.jpg

Tubs, I counted at least 8 of these while wandering about.
IMG_4722.jpg

Coal seam nicely illustrated.
IMG_4721-1.jpg

Tunnel going off into the distance.
IMG_4720.jpg

More tubs & pit props...

IMG_4718.jpg

IMG_4717.jpg

It was nice to see this place again after so many years, and a return visit is due I think (RJ & Thomps i'm looking at you) there is more to see here but requires more time and some crawling to get to.

Thanks for looking.

WB.