real time web analytics
Report - - Firle Auxiliary Unit - 13/03/08 | Underground Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Firle Auxiliary Unit - 13/03/08

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

the126

Reckless & irresponsible
28DL Full Member
AT LAST!
this was my second long winded attempt to find this place (and i didnt have to fall down the hole to see the entrance)!

Situated high on the downs near Lewes it had two rooms but the larger one has collapsed leaving only the Anderson shelter extension. The emergency exit tunnel has been filled in although the place where it emerged can be seen.

Looking across the collapsed part to the entrance (which actually was the door between the two rooms)
DSC00463.jpg

Similar view but the other way
DSC00472.jpg

The depression in the ground where i think the tunnel emerged, it had a metal bracket in each corner, indicating a shaft (main hideout in background)
DSC00473.jpg

The original entrance to the anderson shelter, someone has put an old section of the roof down it to prevent access
DSC00464.jpg

Inside looking at the blocked entrance
DSC00465.jpg

DSC00466.jpg

The way i got in (the doorway between rooms) this was soooo dodgy getting in, had to slide on some plastic i found through the small gap!
DSC00468.jpg

DSC00469.jpg

Ventilation pipe
DSC00467.jpg

The corregated sheets were either rusted badly or just giving way,
DSC00471.jpg

I couldnt find any evidence of an aerial but its a working forest so the tree has probably been cut down
if anyone wants to see this i'd go soon before the whole lot falls in!