real time web analytics
28DL and UE in the News - Firm to review security after break-in by 28DL. Flintshire Chronicle May 27th 2010 | 28DL and Urban Exploring in the News... | 28DaysLater.co.uk

28DL and UE in the News Firm to review security after break-in by 28DL. Flintshire Chronicle May 27th 2010

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oxygen Thief

Admin
Staff member
Admin
Re: Firm to review security after break-in by 28DL. Flintshire Chronicle May 27th 201

A fairly balanced article apart from the title...

Break In?

Here's the email I got from her, which I forwarded to the explorers mentioned...

Hello, my name's Frankie and I write for the Flintshire Chronicle in North Wales. Your Castle Cement stunt has caused some up roar in our quiet county so I was hoping you could put me in touch with the people who did it! so we can do a story about if from your point of view, not Castle Cements. You dont have to give your names or anything.
Thanks
Frankie

Bold added by me.

If you want to complain, here's her email address: [email protected]

Mind you, it's slightly better written than the first attempt...

Flintshire

Styru

Admin
28DL Full Member
Re: Firm to review security after break-in by 28DL. Flintshire Chronicle May 27th 201

like you say, a fair article - apart from the 'break-in' headline.

Bunk3r

28DL Memb3r
28DL Full Member

ha moan, moan then some actually decent quotes from the explorer, pleasantly surprised the paper printed them, turned out well in the wash.

If i owned a company I'd be fairly glad of 28DL acting as a tiger team testing the security with no damage, better to find a geek with a camera has been visiting your site than a piekey.

Oxygen Thief

Admin
Staff member
Admin

And let's face it, it's their security measures that suck, not us. Well not that much.

Brick_Man

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member

not bad apart from the title.

Yeah, TBF if security on live sites was as good as it should be, none of us would ever get near these places, would we :p

emotive69

cloak of invisibility
28DL Full Member

I have to say ' 28 Days Later members describe urban exploration and infiltration is about learning to appreciate the buildings and structures around you and seeing beauty in places where many people will not '

that has so hit the nail on the head , Ive lost count of the number of times Ive nearly crashed my car looking at a gorgeous derelict building , no-one outside of the urbex thing understands it and its not till youve been in one and done it , that the rest become so damn inviting.

DubbedNavigator

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member

I have to say ' 28 Days Later members describe urban exploration and infiltration is about learning to appreciate the buildings and structures around you and seeing beauty in places where many people will not '

that has so hit the nail on the head , Ive lost count of the number of times Ive nearly crashed my car looking at a gorgeous derelict building , no-one outside of the urbex thing understands it and its not till youve been in one and done it , that the rest become so damn inviting.

Bang on.

BenCooper

Mr Boombastic
28DL Full Member

not bad apart from the title.

To be fair, that's probably the work of the editor / sub-editor, not the journalist. Seems a reasonably balanced article to me...

scala66

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member

Staff called them ‘reckless individuals who have no thought for their own safety’.......

its like we all have a brain drain or something and when we get to these sites, we dont care what happens to us. safety is my number one goal, whatever im doing.

TheFlu24

The laziest hobo
28DL Full Member

Even If we wanted to break in we couldn't of ! No fence , no door no nothing just the stairs to the top :/

georgie

He Never Even Got There
28DL Full Member

spot on m8 you couldnt have put it a better way

flu spot on aswell m8 how can you break into somewhere with stairs going up and around it

Landie_Man

"Landie" or Harry
Regular User

I have NEVER broken anything. EVER if its too tight I drive to the next site or go home. Bloody media. Maybe we should write an article from OUR point of view, hey the urbexer is being given a chance here! Why not take it?

I did an urbex article a few months ago, though urbex wasnt mentioned at all, it just happened to be about a local site.

Leaf1471

Tourist Information Depot
28DL Full Member

Yeah, im pretty happy with how it all came across. I was a little concerned that she would mince my words but she actually agreed to let me take a look at the article before print. I'm happy that the general consensus is that I've explained a bit about us the right way ! :P

Status
Not open for further replies.