real time web analytics
Report - - Flexlands School - Surrey - November 2017 | Other Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Flexlands School - Surrey - November 2017

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Baconator

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
History:
From what I can read, Flexlands school is a primary school that opened in around 1940, showing almost 70 years of use with the school closing down in 2005. Since then there have been multiple new buildings opened including a gymnasium built on it's 50th Anniversary in 1990. It seems the building became disused due to a new primary school being built not far, replacing this current school. According to approved Planning Permissions, 14 houses are due to be built within this area after the demolishment of the school after decisions were made in January 2017.
Explore:
After more than 1 and a half hours of travel, we arrived at the school gates to see a demolition van and workers wearing hi-vis jackets on site. We decided to wait for them to leave as there were only a couple still on site, so it wasn't long before the site was clear to enter. We ended up entering the site as the sun was coming down so sorry for the dark photos. It's a shame to see it being actively demolished with half the gym and half the main building being completely taken down. I don't recommend anyone to try and come back to this site as it will only be a matter of days before they take down the main building. I also recorded the experience to immortalise the remaining buildings but I'm not sure whether to share it or not.
I'm also going to layout my report in a way where the main structure photos are at the start in chronological order, but leave the artistic kind of photos at the end. 30 photos in total.
Anyway, I hope you enjoy the photos!

L8Og2oL.jpg

Shot of the backside of the main building.
A5Rsybx.jpg

Wider angle to see the destruction going on.
Kp0sLQF.jpg

The remains of the gym. It's a shame the wood flooring has been torn out.
7OUushW.jpg

All the rubble left over from the "u" shaped half of the building seen from Google Maps.
I4ShCb3.jpg

A different angle of the rear side facing away from the road outside.
B3mWB2F.jpg

JEaRqpH.jpg

First view of the corridor to the right when we entered.
oBUoi06.jpg

Machinery left out in the front.
2vVz4xU.jpg

One of the many rooms off the large corridor.
TUruAwB.jpg

A Bottom Floor room from in the main building.
FwK81ji.jpg

Date of last inspections.
07Xxr8T.jpg

One of the stairs was completely destroyed.
i87MHdV.jpg

zXmzdIg.jpg

LdmMMTr.jpg

Main entrance.
K1YAAK2.jpg

"Grand" staircase.
PXFvBfH.jpg

One of the first rooms on the top floor.
ZZLrP1p.jpg

Someone seems to have miss-placed their fire extinguisher..
5ZSMuKG.jpg

cjTC1SS.jpg

An untouched room behind the gym.
oQ3Rwvg.jpg

Someone seemed to have lived here, and looking from other reports, haven't come back for a couple years.

Now for the ~artistic~ shots. OooOOoOhh.
bD7vFOF.jpg

zRWk6ZS.jpg

Someone got a bit crafty with paint ;)
A1lxnuX.jpg

IdAtY9Q.jpg

I found what they made the School lunches out of.
BMBiSeo.jpg

5ewodZH.jpg

dalHsIy.jpg

XfIflHI.jpg

RAp8sh2.jpg

Thank you for viewing my report!

Andrew32

See a sticker, remove a sticker
28DL Full Member
not the gym! aww apart from that the other classrooms they bulldozed were completely empty and featureless, At least you still had the main building and art centre to explore. End of this week and the entire place will be gone!

Baconator

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
not the gym! aww apart from that the other classrooms they bulldozed were completely empty and featureless, At least you still had the main building and art centre to explore. End of this week and the entire place will be gone!
Yeah, I think despite some of it being destroyed, I didn't miss too much. It's a shame I couldn't have a look around the gym though.

White Rabbitt

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
It's an awful shame. :( It was one of my locals & loved a frequent mooch. Have they confirmed what they are replacing it with yet? I heard both care home then flats?