real time web analytics
Report - - Floating around (Birkenhead/Wallasey, 2017/2018) | Other Sites | Page 3 | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Floating around (Birkenhead/Wallasey, 2017/2018)

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Northwesturbex

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Great report - thanks very much. Does anyone know if the Hydraulic Tower will be saved or demolished?
Very impressive landmark.
I know that it’s all chained up now and there’s no way of getting in anymore (unless you’re thin enough to squeeze through the gap the chain at the door has made!)

urbanchemist

28DL Regular User
Regular User
I know that it’s all chained up now and there’s no way of getting in anymore (unless you’re thin enough to squeeze through the gap the chain at the door has made!)
The hydraulic tower has always been accessible, and still is.
Be careful in the upstairs bits though.

Northwesturbex

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
The hydraulic tower has always been accessible, and still is.
Be careful in the upstairs bits though.
I’ve tried several times but you can’t get in because the doors and other entrances are literally chained up now (I’ve tried over summer) you can’t get in unless you presumably break something :)

urbanchemist

28DL Regular User
Regular User
How much of this is still there in 2022? Going to Birkenhead this weekend.
The daffodil has gone, not sure about the other boat - rest of was still there as of a few months ago although the hydraulic tower looks like it's finally being renovated.
The 'substation' which is actually a pump house is probably the most interesting.

bobdobelina

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
The daffodil has gone, not sure about the other boat - rest of was still there as of a few months ago although the hydraulic tower looks like it's finally being renovated.
The 'substation' which is actually a pump house is probably the most interesting.
Can you still get into the substation?

Who has read this thread (Total: 278) View details