real time web analytics
Report - - Floating dredger near Hope, Cheshire | Industrial Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Floating dredger near Hope, Cheshire

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

J

jonofdoom

Ok so this is my first post on this site.. Feel free to let me know if I'm doing anything stupid:D

The pics date back the summer before last, but I gotta start somwhere!

The beast itself was used for dredging up 'stuff' (can't remember what) from the bottom of a lake and shifting it onto land to be transported a mile or so along a huge conveyor belt to be sorted at the other end of the lake. Ithad been out of action for about ten years or so, acording to a guy we met while we were climbing all over it.. He used to operate it apparently, and an orrite fella, I thought we were in for a telling off!

I wish I'd asked him what the 'Grizly side travel' button did tho:D

Anyways.. Pics.

We first found the sorting end of the operation, wich was what tweaked our curiosity and made us explore further.. All out of use by the look of things:
DSC01977.jpg

Continued dow the side of the nearby lake past a bunch off cool stuff:
DSC01979.jpg

And eventualy found "the beast":
DSC01996.jpg

We had to squeeze through some gaps and clamber across some articulated conveyor belts to get onto the thing:
DSC01993.jpg

DSC01994.jpg

DSC01992.jpg

DSC01991.jpg

'Twas a three layered beast:
DSC01990.jpg

DSC01981.jpg

DSC01982.jpg

DSC01985.jpg

Cool controll box thing:
DSC01986.jpg

DSC01987.jpg

And a boat next to it, possibly used to trasport goodies (although the beast itself only had the facilitys to put the goodies onto the conveyor IIRC) or maybe to shift the beast around, as it could move, but looked to have no power of it's own:
DSC01983.jpg

EDIT:and that's about it!! Comments etc apreciated:D