real time web analytics
Report - - Forest Mills, Radford, Nottingham - April 5th 2009 | Industrial Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Forest Mills, Radford, Nottingham - April 5th 2009

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

layz

Conquistador d'Wolverton
28DL Full Member
Yesterday my friend and I visited this place just off Alfreton Road in Radford, Nottingham.
The site seems to still be partly in use; however we managed to get in without too much hindrance.
The first room we entered was rammed full of random stuff ranging from tools to children’s toys. It seemed that the room was closed from the main building, however after closer inspection we finally managed to find a small door blocked by masses of wood and hence gain access into a stairwell and the rest of the building.

The ‘mill’ appears to have been used by many different companies over the past century, we found evidence of: Kitchen fitters, furnisher makers, textile dying, reprographics and printing, sewing, audio repairs and car mechanics. (Including two cars). All the former occupants seemed to have left plenty of evidence of their workings behind, providing a very eclectic mix of ‘junk’.

The mill is also separated into three main areas all connected: a 6 storey office building, a 4 floor Victorian mill and a series of warehouses.
The complex was a maze of stairs and passages and was great fun to explore; we were in there for 5 hours, and I took 400 photos!

Picture346a.jpg

Picture342q.jpg

Picture072a.jpg

Picture1741.jpg

Picture167v.jpg

Picture162q.jpg

The Reprographics room, full of transfers, portfolios, films and a dark-room:

Picture182z.jpg

As an Architect I enjoyed this one:

Picture196q.jpg

Ceci n'est pas une pipe:

Picture185a.jpg

Picture176x.jpg

Picture123a.jpg

Picture294xx.jpg

a 4 storey drop :eek:

Picture308a.jpg

Play it again Sam:

Picture290e.jpg

Evidenve of the sewing shop's office:

Picture254q.jpg

Finally from the roof:

Picture226ajpg.jpg

layz

Conquistador d'Wolverton
28DL Full Member
Hi guys, here is an areial photo of the site from 1927:

NTGM010184.jpg

In the centre you can clearly see Forest Mills with its pitched roof.
In the top left you can also see J B Spray and Co, another place I've reported on.