real time web analytics
Lead or Rumour info - - Former Banking Hall / Events Venue - London | Leads, Rumours and News... | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Lead or Rumour info - Former Banking Hall / Events Venue - London

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

The_Raw

Staff member
I've been looking at this for the last couple of years as it looked a bit unkept. It's still listed on a couple of websites for hire as an events space but apparently it has been closed since the pandemic and is no longer available for hire. This is confirmed on wikipedia. Classic case of 'the lights are on, but nobody's home'. Definitely worth keeping an eye on. Give me a shout if anyone has any luck getting inside as it's a stunner :damp

Here's a bit of history nicked from wikipedia:

The Gibson Hall
is a Grade I listed building at 13 Bishopsgate in the City of London. Previously known as National Westminster Hall, the building is named after its architect, John Gibson. Built of Portland stone in the classical style with engaged Corinthian columns, the building was commissioned as a new head office by the directors of the National Provincial Bank of England and completed in 1865. The banking hall served its original purpose until 1982, when it was restored and converted into an assembly room for National Westminster Bank. From its disposal in 1998, it has operated as an events hosting venue available for hire to the general public. It is currently closed and no longer listed as available as a venue for hire.

53397268042_cbd2ff7b03_b.jpg

53398198601_e39ae08921_b.jpg

53398633830_76944786bc_b.jpg

Here's a photo of what it looks like inside (borrowed from a venue listing website).

53398643125_aed32e6208_b.jpg

Last edited:

CantClimbTom

Enthusiastic Idiot and prolific BS talker
28DL Full Member
Hmm... I've never been in that one myself although been in a reasonable number of places round there, it does look a bit fancy
well... if you can't get a look around there, you can soak up at least 50% of that grandeur round the corner in "The Crosse Keys" (9 Gracechurch Street) as you console yourself :) I did hear a rumour of a pub in those parts where the cellar used to have open access to some of the maze of tunnels there, didn't get further than hearing people's stories though. Should be a whole bunch of potentials in a very very small area, so any photography trip should snap something?
Good luck